Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility and Single Number Reach for the same user

Kai Onken
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we are using Extension Mobility on all our IP Phones (7962). This works perfectly. But now we want to try Singe Number Reach. I've read some Cisco Manuals and every one said, that I have to define a Phone Device device to Enable Mobilty - Primary User Device. Is it possible to use here the Device Profile, which I use for Extension Mobility instad a Phone Device?

Or is there another way to combine both features?

Kind regads

Kai                   

5 Replies 5

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

You can use SNR with EM.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/hucs/7.1a/provision/CH13_HUCS.pdf

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hi Kai,

Exactly right, just associate the UDP to the End User. Besure to enable Mobility.

Ben

Hello,

so please think for a moment that I act a nooby .... I need the UDP associated to the End User for my Extension Mobilty. That's right and works perfectly.

So when I enable Mobility, can I leave the Primary User Device empty or can I also select at this selection field the UDP?

Kind regards

Kai

I believe you do need this field completed. I'd just select a phone for this, UDP's cannot be selected.

Essentially SNR is a shared line. The device that is sharing your DN is the Remote Destination Profile. Once an RDP is associated to a DN (essentially your configured DN on your UDP), we can now configure a Remote Destination. Under the RD, ensure the Line is associated (Top Left) as sometimes this doesnt auto check when the RD is created.

Add the Mobility Softkey for the UDP aswell.

Cheers

Ben

The Primary User Device field on the End User configuration page is not required; it only reduces the number of DLUs consumed by the Remote Destination Profile.

You cannot use the UDP as an anchor for your Remote Destination. You'll need to create the Remote Destination Profile.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: