cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

extension mobility ... device profile DN number loads

JATINDER KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

i think i am not good with the concept or i am missing some thing ..

ok user ID is coming from LDAP .. pin i configured for the user i want to do ext mobility ... when i log in it properly logs in .. but then it logs the extension from device profile .. not the real extension which is associated with user...

what mistake i am doing .. i want to do extension mobility for each user and all are having different extensions.. so what i want is when a user logs in or logs out he gets his extension not the one which is configured in device profile .. please adivce what mistake i m doing ..

CUCM 6.1

Unity 5

Jatin

9 Replies 9

abarkalg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jatinder,

Please follow the link below, it gives you the steps that you need to do for Configuring CIsco Call manager Extension mobility.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080153e60.html#wp1104366

Regards,

Abdul Sattar

Please rate helpful posts!!!

thanks abdul .. for the quick reply .. but i thnk i followed the same .. but i am not able to understand why my user extension is not coming .. and why it is loading the device profile .. and if i remove the device profile from end user settings .. when log in is performed it gives error that [205] user profile absent

please advise

Thanks

Jatin

Hi Jatinder,

Problem

Here are some of the common issues that you can face when you use the Extension Mobility. The solution is also provided.

• You are not able to log into extension mobility.

• You are unable to log into Extension Mobility with the UserID and PIN and the Error = [201] - Authentication Error error message appears.

• You are unable to login to Extension Mobility and the 205 error message appears.

Solution

Complete these steps in order to resolve the issue:

1. Ensure that the End User is associated with the appropriate Device Profile to the Extension Mobility.

2. On Cisco Unified Serviceability page, choose Tools > Service Activation.

3. Ensure that Cisco Extension Mobility is activated.

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080093e72.shtml

Hope it helps,

Anand

Please rate helpful posts..

non of above ,....!!

anand ... my problem is when i am loggin in why the extension which is associated with user does not loads why the extension which is given to user profile loads

so i need to create different ddevice profile with seperate extension for all users ...?

Hi

For EM, you must create a 'Device Profile' for each user. This device profile stores all the user's phone properties, e.g. extension, speed dials, calling search space, services etc.

It's not a case of configuring one Device Profile that users share, it's one per user.

Each end user must then be linked to their OWN device profile.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

hmmm.. so tell me one thing .. how people do where they have thousands of users and each have different extensions .. ? do they need to create 100 user profiles .. and thet means instead of configuring a phone  DN.. we better configure device profile and associate it with users .. correct me if i am wrong .. so should i now copy all the parametrs from the DN which is given to this user on one phone and make the same device profile ...

Hi

- You configure a phone in CUCM for each physical phone you deploy

- You configure a unique device profile and user account for each user.

The idea is to give the users extra functionality, not to save yourself some work...!

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Jatinder,

Make sure the device profile is associated with the user and subscribe the extension mobility to the DP.

hope this helps.

-Abdul

Please rate helpful posts!!!

OK, so if I'm getting this straight your question would be:

Why if I create one device profile, it is not pulling the DN from the user in AD into the device profile and using it when I log into EM??

So that with just one profile all my users will get their AD DN once logged into EM

If so, your ides of what EM is, is way off from the real EM functionality and config.

Just as you add a DN to a phone (which is not going to be pulled from AD just because you associate the device/user) a UDP is the same thing, you're creating a DN that will be tied to a user/pin so that when they log in, they will get that DN (again, not magically pulled from AD just because UDP/user association).

If you have 100 users, you're looking at 100 individual UDPs, not necessarily 100 individual DNs as you can use shared lines but a 100 DNs configured anyway.

If you have several phone models then you also need to configure a default UDP per device model so that they can log into another handset different from their configured UDP model.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: