Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility disable 'change PIN'

tdudas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have CUCM 8.0.3 configured with Extension Mobility. The issue I'm facing with: when user tries to log in, user asked for 'change PIN'. I have set PINs via BAT for all the users and that need to be used. How can I disable it?

Thanks!
Tibor

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Adjust the policy not to require change on first login.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Tdudas,

You can use cucm user credential policy to do this..

NB: You will need to delete the users first and re-add them using this new credential policy. The reason is because when a user is added in cucm, it uses the default credential policy to apply the user related configs such as wether to change pin at login or not.

So do the ff: CUCM admin, user management>credential policy default>default credential polcicy (select the one for end user and PIN)

Untick user must change at next login. Then click save.

Now re-add the users. They will inherit this new credential policy and you wont see change PIN on login..

Please rate useful posts

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Adjust the policy not to require change on first login.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Chris,

Yep, just tried without success.

with BAT I could uncheck '', but only if you reset the PIN as well.

next step was to set the required PIN via BAT Update Users. After job finished and checked a user, this checkbox was checked again.

I might do something wrong or I found a bug?

Thanks!

Regards,

Tibor

Thank you Chris!

Regards,

Tibor

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Tdudas,

You can use cucm user credential policy to do this..

NB: You will need to delete the users first and re-add them using this new credential policy. The reason is because when a user is added in cucm, it uses the default credential policy to apply the user related configs such as wether to change pin at login or not.

So do the ff: CUCM admin, user management>credential policy default>default credential polcicy (select the one for end user and PIN)

Untick user must change at next login. Then click save.

Now re-add the users. They will inherit this new credential policy and you wont see change PIN on login..

Please rate useful posts

Hi aokanlawon,

Thanks for your answer!

CUCM has LDAP integration, I can not delete them easily, although I tried the following:

with BAT I could uncheck '', but only if you reset the PIN as well.

next step was to set the required PIN via BAT Update Users. After job finished and checked a user, this checkbox was checked again.

I do not really understand why?????

Unfortunately the authenticaton rule has no affect on this checkbox (pls see image attached)

Thanks!

Tibor

Unfortunately once a user has been imported into cucm with a credential policy it inherits that policy. Unless you delete the user and re-add them there  is no way it will loose that policy from experience..

With AD integration, you need to disable Ldap system, then delete the users...If you used BAT to add device profiles etc, you should be able to BAT them easily back after deleting them.

You will them re-enable LDAP  and then re-sycn the LDAP with AD. The users will come back and will inherit the new credential policy you have set.

Please rate useful posts

OKAY!!!

You are right!

(I did not need to delete users, just unchecked this box:

user management > Credential Policy Defaults > Credential Policy Defaults for PIN

uncheck ''

then BAT > Update Users with the required PINs

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: