Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility doesn't appear on 6921

AHMED ALANSARI
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I upgrade my set 6921 to firmware 9.3.3.2 after that EM service disappear I already checked the extension mobility on device page it's checked but in phone it's disappear.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ahmed,

Like I said earlier this is a firmware issue...I suggest you downgrade or upgrade the firmware

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

Hi,

The firmware which is being used on IP phones is the latest one . Also, I referred Release notes for 6921  with 9.3(3) firmware which says

Before deploying the 9.3(3) firmware, the Cisco Unified Communications Manager must be updated to the latest device pack.

So, the only option left is to degrade.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ahmed,

Can u check whether EM services are subscribed/unsubscribed  for the phone in related links?

regds,

aman

Thanks for fast reply

EM service is enterprises subscription

Hi Ahmed,

What i was refering to this :

1. Select Device > Phone from the menu.
  2. Select the phone from the list of devices.
  3. In the Related Links: field, select Subscribe/Unsubscribe Services and click Go
  4. In the pop-up window, under Service Information, in the Select a Service pull down menu, selectExtension Mobility.
  5. Click Next
  6. Click Subscribe
  7. Click Save

Are u facing the problem in 6921 only or other phones as well?

What is CUCM version?

regds,

aman

Aman,

When you use enterprise subscription, you cant subscribe/unsubscribe to that service...You can configure EM as enterprise subscription or as "manual subscription"...

Ahmed,

This is most likely a bug...A while I go I ran into a bug on tis phones where users couldnt log out of EM..In other words the EM service hung on the phones..

I suggest you either upgrade your firmware or downgrade it

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi ,

thanks for correcting me.

regds,

aman

Thx for ur cooperation

I will try n let u know

Thx

Hi Ahmed,

I think u are running cmterm-69xx-sccp.9-3-3-2-up.cop.sgn  which is the latest available.

I was referring Release notes of the above firmware, which says that device pack needs to be applied to Call Manager before we deploy this firmware.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/6900_series/firmware/9_3_3/release_notes/P069_BK_R9A78776_00_rn-9_3_3-6900-series.html#P069_RF_F6995D52_00

Did u apply Device Pack?

regds,

aman

Hi Ahmed,

Please let us know Call Manager version u are using.

regds,

aman

I am using version 8.6.2.20000-2

How I apply device pack

Hi Ahmed,

U need to download Device Pack from below URL and size is 640.16MB

cmterm-devicepack8.6.2.23071-1.cop.sgn

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283782839&flowid=26422&softwareid=282074299&release=8.6%282.23071%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Just try uploading on one of the first server , restart TFTP service.If it is successful, then, we can upload on other servers in same cluster.

Just refer this sheet of Device Packs compatibility.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/devpack_comp_mtx.html

How to upload

1. Using your web browser, log in to the Cisco Unified Communications

Operating System Administration web page.

2. From the Software Upgrades menu, select Install/Upgrade.

3. Fill in the appropriate values in the Software Location section and click

Next.

4. In the Available Software drop-down box, select the device package file

and click Next.

5. Verify that the MD5 has the correct value. Click Next.

6. In the Warning box, verify that you selected the correct firmware and

then click Install.

7. Check that you received a Success message.

8. Stop and restart the TFTP server.

9. Reset the affected devices to upgrade the devices to the new load.

regds,

aman

Is upgrading device pack will affect my license or needing a license or not?

What u mean by install on one of my first server ? I have one pub and two sub which one ?

Thx

Hi Ahmed,

Nothing to do with licenses.

U need to load Device pack on all the servers in a cluster.You can upload pack on server where the phones are regsitered just to cross-check whether problem is resolved or not.

regds,

aman

Ahmed,

You dont need to install a device pack. A device pack is a collection of firmware for severak devices. If all you want to do is install firmware for your 6921..then it is what you have done. If your phoned have upgraded tot he new firware then you have done the correct thing...I belive that you installed the cop file on all your servers and re-started your tftp service.

Dont worry about the device pack you dont need it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: