Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility - Extension number as User ID

Hello, sorry if this question has been asked before, is there a way to use extension number of device as user ID when using service of Extension Mobility??  This option without changing any confiuration of AD User ID.

Don't want users to type long users names everytime they log in; My second option it's no remember last login user ID, but prefer if the extension number it's possible.

Regards,

Juan Carlos Arias

4 Replies 4

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

The only thing I can think of would be to set the "LDAP Attribute for User ID" under the LDAP System Configuration to "telephoneNumber"

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Thanks Yosh for your comments, but I think that the other option it's the best for our needs, remember last loin.

Regards,

Juan Carlos Arias

John Huthmaker
Level 4
Level 4

Yahsiel is correct.  This is the only way to do that.  And I highly recommend against that because it will ruin Jabber/Presence

Michel Shuqair
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Juan,

If you don't want your users to type in long usernames, you can also consider 3rd party software such as www.rsconnect.net

The RSconnect ALM Single Sign On application automatically logs a user's phone in when they login to their PC (and vice versa logout). If you enable the "Active Directory" integration option in the ALM software, it automatically uses the User ID as the login name of the phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: