cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension mobility Host not found

Sarg .
Level 3
Level 3

guys, i have just found a solution for a device displaying host not found when trying to log into extension mobility. my question is, how much disruption will this cause my network if i was to do it during office hours. what kind of problems should i expect. i am not worrried about the TFTP, but the iis and CTI i think might be a big risk.

'Host not found' Error in IP Phone

• Problem: The IP phone displays the "Host not found" error when the Services button is pressed.

• Solution: Choose System > Enterprise Parameters. Check the URL services, and if it is set to the CallManager Server name, replace the CallManager Server name with the IP address as shown in this example.

Example: http://10.10.10.1/CCMCIP/getservicesmenu.asp , where 10.10.10.1 is the Cisco CallManager IP address.

Stop/start the TFTP, Internet Information Server (IIS), and Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) services and reboot the phones for the change to take affect.

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This should have no impact on anything during production hours, as you are simply pointing to the same server via IP vs. DNS. You should not need to restart CTI server.

HTH,

Chris

I managed to fix this without the enterprise settings. my manager was not in support of system wide changes. I  just took a closer looking at the network and found out the DNS was not specified in the DHCP scope on the switch. lol.

well i am happy i did not have to carry this pressure over to another day.  hundreds of people could not log out or log into extension mobility

Thanks for all the support . Oh and you were correct about what you said.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: