Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility - how to disable "Set PIN" soft key upon Logged Out

fei he
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

We recently deployed CUCM 9.1.2 with Extension Mobility feature. When user tried to log out EM they saw option "Set PIN" presents as attached.

Is there any way can prevent "Set PIN" showing to end user upon logged out?

Is this a new feature of EM in version 9 as I don't see this option in version 7.1.5.

Fei

14 Replies 14

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its there in the version 8.5, 8.6 and I don't think so we can remove this soft key.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Terry 

is there any supporting doc?

I did try to look but nothing comes up. I think this option may have been added in 8.0, I remember once I tried to disable it - I pretty much looked all options, CUCM Enterprise Params and documents etc. but was not able to find anything and didn't got the chance to play with it again, as this was not a requirement but was just looking at it for the sake of curiosity.

-Terry

As Terry mentioned above, currently there is no option to remove the soft key, but you can still disable the functionality of the soft key.

Means that softkey will be there but users won;t be able to change the pin.

CUCM -> User Management -> End User, select the user and once you are in the end user configuration page, click on "Edit Credential" for the PIN, check the "User Cannot Change" and save. 

For multiple users you can use BAT tool.

Regards

Aditya

Yes Aditya is right. Aditya (+5) mate for contributing to the discussion.

The reason I never look at this as a possible option is because the soft key still stays there (is not even greyed) but when a user tries to change the PIN, it gives some error like contact your network admin something along those lines - it creates even more confusion for some users and they will start logging tickets assuming something is broken.

-Terry

Hi Terry

Customer has expressed that this change PIN is not to be present to their end users. Customer operates on "No Change" environment and prompting the user to change their PIN will have significant support and commercial implication for us and customer. 

If there is any Cisco doc clarify that this is not an option to prevent this softkey being seen by end user, so we can present to customer. 

Fei

No, there is no doc.

For the most part we document what you can do and what we support, not what you cannot do. For some features we document the interactions and restrictions.

If you cannot find something in the documents under the above assumption of what we document, then it's ruled as not supported.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime

Thanks for clarification.

Is this soft key a new feature since 8.0 as it did not present on version 7.1 so far? Is there doc mentioned this new feature? it would much helpful that if you could provide me any URL/doc relate to this new feature. 

Fei

We added the ability for that in 8.x, you'll find it first mentioned in the EM 8.x docs, it's a phone service and I believe now it's pre-configured, if not, then someone configured it in your cluster, have you tried deleting the service???

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_1/ccmfeat/fsgd-801-cm/fsem.html

Step 8 

To allow a Cisco Extension Mobility end user to change the user PIN on the phone, configure the Change Credential Cisco Unified IP Phone service and associate the user, the user device profile, or the Cisco Unified IP Phone with the Change Credential phone service.

Configuring the Change Credential IP Phone Service

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime

Is the Change Credential service equivalent Extension Mobility Change PIN service? I am get bit confused as I can not see Change Credential service has been configured in my cluster. All phone service in cluster as attached.

It makes me think "Set PIN" option is probably embedded with Extension Mobility phone service. 

Fei

Hi fei he,

if you implement a One Button EM Logout, then you are able to bypass the Set Pin button. Use the following line:

http://<CUCM IP Addr>/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#&doLogout=true

Hope this helps.

Jaime was referring to the Change credential IP service. You don't have that. This Set Pin option is just part of the extension mobility service. You have below options:

1) Leave it as it is: Since this is just the user extension mobility PIN only - you can inform your customer, its actually a nice to have feature :-).

2) You can disable this from the End User page, the option for the user to change PIN shows but they would not be able to do that (as Aditya explained in above post)

3) As Marcelo has said you can delete the EM service and use it on the line - not a very desirable option, as it will block one of the lines on the phones and also its almost universal practice to use the services button for EM.

4) Lastly try to contact Cisco (PDI/TAC) even if they dont have it documented, check with them if it can be deleted, in case it can't be, get it in writing that this soft key can not be deleted/disabled and pass on to your customer - he should be good with that.

-Terry

and there is a 5th option.

some of my customers have been using a sso application from a company called rsconnect. they have created an em-sso and using this you can entirely remove the em ip phone services from your phone, use https and significally increase em security.

Hi Aditya

Is there any official Cisco doc supports that this option can not be remove? 

Also can you provide me relevant doc which indicate "Set PIN" is new feature?

Fei

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: