cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension mobility issue

bradatbcass
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm configuring two 7942 phones for Extension Mobility and the 2 phones are behaving differently.

After configuring phone 1, pressing the Services button takes the user straight to the login screen and everything works as expected.

After configuring phone 2, pressing the Services button takes the user to a screen where they have to select the Extension Mobility service manually and they get a 404 Not Found error.

I've compared the phone configurations side by side and am unable to see a difference. They are the same model and have registered with the same Call Manager. The only service configured for either phone is Extension Mobility

Anyone seen this behaviour before?

Thanks,

Brad

13 Replies 13

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you post the service URL?

and is that service URL the same for both phones?

thanks

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis, here is the URL

http://10.1.1.232:8080/emapp/emappservlet?device=#devicename#&emcc=#emcc#

It should be the same for both phones; they are in different device pools but registered to the same Call Manager

Thanks,

Brad

I would want to delete the Phone 2 and recreate / add to the cluster and then see if it has the same issue.

At times I have encountered similar (not same issue) and recreating the phones have helped me to resolve it

HTH

Wilson Samuel

Plz rate all helpful threads

Thanks, I'll try this. I double-checked and noticed that the phones also have different firmware versions...if the re-add doesn't update it I'll do so manually and make sure they match, then report back

Thanks for help,

Brad

Just to close this off the fix was to delete the CTL file after upgrading the firmware. All seems good now. Thanks to all for the assistance

Brad

I tried this, firmware versions are now identical but one phone is still not working. See above post

Thanks,

Brad

Hi Brad,

Did you try to hard reset the non working phone?

Are working and non working phone in the same subnet.

Please let me know 

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

I had a user at the branch site try a factory reset and the phone failed to register. It's apparently stuck in the Cisco boot screen. At this point I'm having the user ship it back to me so i can take a look at it here

Looks like you may have a TFTP Server issue, either the phone is unable to reach the TFTP Server or the TFTP Server has crashed, just wondering if you have tried to restart the TFTP Servers?

HTH

These below links might help 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/18772-extension-mobility.html#host

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10875506/host-not-found-extension-mobility-problem

Regards

Abhay

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Seems there is a mistake in the URL configured for the service. Check for things like spaces, etc which can cause error.

Are both phones at the same site? Also, are they running the same firmware.

Good point, I did notice that the firmware versions were different. I'll update and post back

Thanks,

Brad

The firmware versions are now identical and one phone is working and one is still not.

The working phone goes directly to the login screen when pressing the services button and the nonworking phone makes the user pick Extension Mobility from a service list and then gives the 404 Host not found error

Both phones are registered on the same Call Manager so the service url should be the same for both phones.

The phones are at different branch sites however

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: