Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility - Log in with extension instead of Username/PIN

hamed1900
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

How I can configure the extension Mobility , so I just enter Extension and it logs in? or extension and PIN?

Thanks,

HM

6 Replies 6

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Configuring Cisco CallManager Extension Mobility:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080153e60.html#wp1104366

Thanks for the link,

I could not find anywhere still to show how to change the parametres in Extension Mobility to be able to log into the Phone just with PIN.

Thanks,

HM

This discussion has been reposted from Cisco User Groups to the IP Telephony community.

Richard Greig
Level 1
Level 1

We had this problem as well due to our CUCM being linked with Active Directory (and using email address as the UserID) - makes it easier for users to log into the user portal etc.

Our deployment is a little bit old now, however the only way we found to get around this was to populate the telephonenumber field of AD with the Directory Number, and then build a custom Extension Mobility App - which would allow users to log in with their DN (telephonenumber) + Pin.

The App is hosted on CUAE (which is end of life now I believe) so wondering if there is a better way around this now?

Cheers,

Rich

No, EM login flow has not changed at all, you still need your userID (whatever you're syncing it to) and PIN.

The only way to use something else, is as you did, to build your own EM service.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the quick reply Jamie.

Is there a best practise on how things should be set up, to make it as pain free to the end user as possible?

What do people commonly use for logging into both EM and the user portal?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: