cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension mobility setup.

akin_lopez
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who frequently travels between two offices. When he logs in to any IP phone of site 1 he should be assigned particular DN . When he logs in to any IP phone of site 2 he should be assigned another DN.

can this be done without creating two device profiles for this user?

3 Replies 3

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

If you are having 2 separate CCm cluster, Why not let him logs in with his DN on both site? manually configuration of the phone (TFTP server) would be necessary.

so sorry i didn't give u enough info. the two sites use thesame cluster. (located at site1) site 2 just has a gateway with SRST for redundancy. and still need the DN to be different when logged on to phone on either site without having to create two user device profiles for this user.

is this possible ? if i have to create 2 user device profile, how will i bind each of the profiles to either site?

You will need to create 2 profiles for this issue. Only way to use one single profile for the user would be to either assign both the DNs to one single profile on 2 different Line Buttons or create a Translation Pattern for the 2nd Location DN such that it routes calls to the same Extension. When you use the second option, calls to either of the number would reach the extension that has been assigned to the phone.

So if you dont want to use 2 Device Profiles, these are the options available

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: