Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility stops working all of a sudden

olighec
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have an interesting issue today -- returning to work today, I went to log into my phone and got a successful logon, but nothing changed on the phone. My DN does not show up on line 1 of my 7940.

I thought there might be a problem with my device profile since I've been monkeying with it testing various things, so I tried another user's phone. I logged her out, but nothing changed. She is logged off, but her DN still shows on the screen and she can still use her line as normal.

I checked RTMT and nothing shows abnormal in the logs, and I restarted the Extension Mobility feature service to no avail.

Has anyone seen this? Luckily, none of my users have any idea they even have Extension Mobility so they are working just fine so far, but I cannot use my device profile right now, which is a pain.

The system is CUCM-BE 6.1.1.2000-3. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stafford.slater
Level 1
Level 1

There is a known bug with the CuCM 6.0 (1) Business Edition where the extension mobility stops working unfortunately at the time the only work around was a reboot of the server see bug ID CSCsi68680.

We upgraded the server to 6.1 to resolve.

BR

Stafford

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Chris,

Architecture in 6.x for EM, DB is a little different.

I would suggest to gather detailed

DBMon,

EM

CCM SDI and SDL traces

and tell me which user|MAC address you are using and timestamps

Thanks!

stafford.slater
Level 1
Level 1

There is a known bug with the CuCM 6.0 (1) Business Edition where the extension mobility stops working unfortunately at the time the only work around was a reboot of the server see bug ID CSCsi68680.

We upgraded the server to 6.1 to resolve.

BR

Stafford

agiaccone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris,

I've experienced exaclty the same issue on CUCM (non BE) 6.1.1.2000-3 twice. The first time I rebooted the whole server, the second time I succeeded in restoring functionality restarting the CallManager service only.

I found not any trace of the problem too, still seeking. However last time happened after I've put my 7975 device profile in a 7945, and , as far as I've understood is exactly your case.

I've seen this in CUCM 7 release notes :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/7_0_1/cucm-rel_notes-701.html#wp581649

Maybe in version 6.1.1 it's still a bug on EM which make it hang.

Sorry all, I got pulled away onto another project yesterday so I wasn't able to keep working on this one. I am glad to hear of others having this same issue. I wonder if it might have to do with some of our users with 7940 profiles logging into 7970 phones as some of them have been doing that.

I rebooted the Callmanager after work ended last night and all was well upon reboot. If it happens again I will try restarting only the Callmanager service, however I just downloaded release 6.2 so I will just start looking into the upgrade.

Thanks for the help everyone!