Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility User Assign

Alhafiz Ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco

We have configured extension mobility for all our users. We configure device profile and phone with dummy extension. On the phone device we are not assign the users because its was using dummy extension. If i assign to the user for phone device what will impact? Because when we do some testing even i assign users for specific phone device any user also able log in to the phone.

It is because currently we facing issue with our license. Because we have Enhanced plus license and CUWL license. All our users are using jabber. So when we are not assign user to the phone its will not optimize my enhanced license.

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please check the following bug

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCue14471/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Change license calculations for Extension Mobility
CSCue14471

Symptom:
Extension mobility currently consumes an essential license for CUCM 9.1. Most notably, this is an issue when one has extension mobility that is not assigned to a user - thus two licenses are consumed, instead of one just for the user.

With this change, extension mobility will no longer consume an essential license. The extension mobility not assigned to a user scenario will only consume a single license.
Conditions:
No special conditions.
Workaround:
None, except to upgrade to the version of the software containing this change.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

What should a customer do with 100 Phones, 100 ENHP licenses, 100% Extension Mobility and 100 CSF Softphones?

Each user is permitted to use 2 phones (ENHP). One deskphone and one softphone. Currently there is no possibility to combine this with Extension Mobility. The system runs out of licenses.

Ofcourse we can assign owner-id's to the physical phones but this causes troubles with the self-care portal and jabber applications.

Regards,

Erik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: