Views
Helpful
Replies

extension mobility with CAD logon issue

jjia
Level 2
Level 2

Hi There,

We are doing upgrading from CUCM 6.1(5) with UCCX 7.x to CUCM 8.6(2a)SU2 with UCCX 8.5(1). The customer is using extension mobility option for the UCCX Agent to logon CAD. On CUCM 6.1(5) this option is working well.

After we did the upgrade to version 8.6(2a)SU2, some agents could not logon the CAD anymore, and got the error message such as

"Login failed due to a configuration error with your phone
and JTAPI or Unified CM. Contact your administrator."

We double checked those being not able to logon agents' device profile/user profile, RMUSer configuration, all is okay but somehow those agents can not logon the CAD.

I just happenedly tried to move the phone button of the UCCX agent extension from one button to another, and the agent can successfully logon the CAD.

I understand that there are a few bugs on this version CUCM with EM/CAD combination, but could anyone help to point out the workaround I did related to Cisco bugs?

Thanks,

JJ

3 Replies 3

jjia
Level 2
Level 2

Just for information, those agents device profiles were using 5th phone button as the UCCX agent extension, on the upgraded version, we experienced CAD can not logon issue for those agents. We figured out a workaround is to move the 5th button UCCX agent extension to any one of the first four buttons, then the agent can successfully logon CAD;---- I am not sure if this is an identified bug that I missed.

Thanks,

JJ

Hi JJ,

Cisco Unified CCX allows more than four lines to be configured on the agent device but monitors only the first four lines provided these lines are not shared. The ACD line should be among the first four lines.

This is the reference from the UCCX 8.5 SRND guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/design/uccx851srnd.pdf

Hope this helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Anand,

Thanks for bringing that to my attention! 

I'm getting ready to upgrade a client's CUCM cluster from 8.6(2a) / 8.6.2.20000-2 to 

8.6.(2a)SU2 (8.6.2.22900-9).  They use extension mobilty with UCCX version 8.5.1.11003-32.

Do you know of any issues with ugprading this cluster vis a vis their UCCX version ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: