Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobilty and Remote Destination Profile

AndZip
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i've got Cisco CUCM 10.5.2 and the Extension Mobility function is on.

I've configured a remote destination profile using the same DN of user's Device profile. We have a voicemail system behind the remote phone and then I set 30 "seconds to avoid connecting to this phone's voicemail". In the "Timer Information" section of the RDP configuration, I set 10 seconds "before ringing this phone when my business line is dialed", because otherwise, if this time remains 0.0 as default and the remote phone is off, the Cisco phone doesn't ring and any call goes directly to the voicemail. Everything works fine: when I call the DN, the Cisco phone and the remote phone ring simultaneously, and then the voicemail system answers correctly.

The problem is when the user logs out from his Device profile and then his DN is logged out: I'd like that in this case any call to this DN could go directly to the remote phone; instead, the remote phone rings always after the 10 seconds set in the RDP configuration (in fact, the CUCM keeps the incomig call for 10 seconds, but no Cisco phone rings, because the user logged out).

Is this behavior normal and obligated or can I change some settings to forward immediately the call to the remote phone (when the user has logged out) ??
Thank you in advance.

Greetings

2 Replies 2

Please remember that you cannot assign internal number as Remote Destinations, it is not supported.

To solve the forwarding problem while the user it is not logged in, have you tried the "Forward Unregistered Internal" (and external) forwarding option?

Regards.

Rolando A. Valenzuela.

Hi,

I did not assign any nternal number; I'm using a Destination Number in the E.164 format. 
I've tried the "Forward Unregistered Internal" (and external) forwarding option, but it doesn't work: it seems that the CUCM must wait for 10 seconds before starting the call to the remote phone...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: