cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

extension will not transfer from the opening greeting system call handler

David Hunt
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue where, internally from my phone I can dial an extension (2744) and it will ring the phone… and \ or internally I am able to transfer a call to the same extension (2744) but… when an outside user calls the main number (847) XXX – 1500, and reaches our opening greeting system call handler, and enters the extension the systems says “ I do not recognize that as a valid extension” but any other extension, will work?

Does anyone have any idea why this one extension will not transfer from the opening greeting system call handler?

Call Manager System version: 8.6.2.22900-9

Cisco Unity Connection version: 8.6.2ES44.22900-44

thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That sounds like the Error greeting on the Call Handler.

Error - Plays if the caller enters invalid digits. This can happen if the digits do not match an extension, the extension is not found in the search scope, or the caller is otherwise restricted from dialing the digits. You cannot disable the error greeting.

The system default error recording is, "I did not recognize that as a valid entry." By default, after the error greeting plays, Connection replays the greeting that was playing when the caller entered the invalid digits.

Is that extension assigned to a mailbox in Unity Connection?  If not, you will need to enable the option to transfer to extensions that are not associated with subscribers and also ensure that the restriction table is configured appropriately.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

David,

Is this a SCCP integration? If it is can you check that the CSS on the voicemail ports have access to the partion on this phone

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

That sounds like the Error greeting on the Call Handler.

Error - Plays if the caller enters invalid digits. This can happen if the digits do not match an extension, the extension is not found in the search scope, or the caller is otherwise restricted from dialing the digits. You cannot disable the error greeting.

The system default error recording is, "I did not recognize that as a valid entry." By default, after the error greeting plays, Connection replays the greeting that was playing when the caller entered the invalid digits.

Is that extension assigned to a mailbox in Unity Connection?  If not, you will need to enable the option to transfer to extensions that are not associated with subscribers and also ensure that the restriction table is configured appropriately.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Great job Hailey,

once I created a VM box on unity and assigned it to x 2744 i was able to transfer the call from the call handler.