Views
Helpful
Replies

External Call Transfer Restrictions

pjdouglas42
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have external call transfer restrictons in place on our Call Manager 10.5 system.

I wish to remove the restrictions so that I can call a DDI from an extenal number, which then diverts to a mobile.

I have set the feature service offnet-to-offnet transfers to false, set on-net on service call classifcations and also set route patterns and the trunk.to off-net.

Call forwarding is set correctly with regards to call search space.

DDI will divert to the mobile from inernal numbers but not from an external call due to the existing call restrictions in place that I cant seem to undo.

Nothing seems to work.

I basically done the reserve for setting up call restrictions; following the cisco white paper.

What am I missing ?

All help appreciated.

Thanks

12 Replies 12

DDI will divert to the mobile from internal numbers but not from an external call:- - Most  ISP's  drop the call if ANI is other than the DID range. Some ISP translate it to the DID pilot number.They do this for billing purpose.  For the scenario which doesn't work, check the ANI send to ISP. 

Response Signature

Thanks Nithin,

I did consider this but ruled it out.

What is the best way to check the ANI sent to ISP ?

Debug in the gateway would be the way to go. If it's a TDM connection to PSTN with ISDN use debug isdn q931 and if it's a ITSP connection with SIP trunk use debug ccsip messages.

Response Signature

Thanks Roger.

We have a SIP trunk so will try the debug commands you have suggested.

If you have SIP connectivity with the provider, then try on your CUBE the command "debug ccsip messages" and check what is sent to the provider. Most of the times the Provider blocks the call if the ANI is not within the specified DID range.

I hope this helps,

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Thanks George, will try the debugs. Waiting for provider to confirm if they are indeed dropping calls outside our DDI range.

Hi All,

Still trying to resolve this.

Our ISP has got back to me and have confirm they are not dropping the calls but our device is ie The phone with the divert on.

The error is : SIP/2.0 480 Temporarily Not Available.

What is the best way to determine what is causing this error ? Looks like a config issue on our Call Manager but I'm just not seeing it.

I've check route patterns, calling space, trunk call classifications and everything appears to be fine.

Appreciate any advice as always.

Thanks

To provide more informations you need to share the debugs.

Response Signature

Thanks Nithin,

Manage to sort this.

I needed to add the local route group to the device pool associated with my sip trunks.

Not sure why as all outbound calls route fine without me needed to add the local route group to the device pool.

Thank you all for your responses.

Sorry Nithin, just seen this.....

Will read tead through - thank you very much.........

Paul

Use commands  @Roger & @George Sotiropoulos mentioned.

Response Signature