cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External calls to CME won't forward to CUE voicemail box

RalphSmithIII
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running CME/CUE 7.0 and have calling inbound and outbound via a sip trunk to an ITSP which works fine.  I recently instaled a AIM-CUE module which is running 7.0.6 code and it works fine from internal DN's.  However, when callers from the outide call into a registered phone, the phone never forwards the call to the users voicemail box.  I checked to make sure the voicemail pilot is set in the phone/user CFNB/CFNA settings.  My assumption is that it has something with CME seeing 10-digits inbound/E.164 and maybe forwarding or trying those digits to CUE on a pilot that's 4 digits.

Oddly enough, when I place a call from the outside inside using 10-digit dialing (+1), the phone rings but it never stops and actually looks like it's "looping".  Meaning, you can see it ring for 5/6 seconds then show 1-missed called but never really stop ringing as if it's forwarding to itself over and over.

I'm still looking at several sip debugs but wanted to see if anyone has come across this issue before.

2 Replies 2

RalphSmithIII
Level 1
Level 1

Find the answer after walking away for a bit.  I ran debug ccsip calls and was seeing a disconnect cause code of 302.  Googled the code which brought me back to these forums and found the answer.  I had to issue the following command under voice service voip:

no supplementary-service sip moved-temporarily

Calls now forward correctly from external numbers to CUE.

Thanks for the post, Ralph.

Did resolve my issue after applying the "no supplementary-service sip moved-temporarily" command. Call flow -- CUCM > SME > CME...call forward to CUE VM failing with reorder tone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: