Views
Helpful
Replies

external cfwdall to voicemail

gerard van rij
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have a strange situation. I've got ccm4.2 and Cisco Unity Connection version: 1.1.1.0.

somehow I have problems with cfwdall to voicemail and extrnal calls, it simply doesn't work.

internally there are no problems.

but if the phone is set that it will forward with no answer it does work...

anyone an idea?

regards,

Gerard

12 Replies 12

davidme
Level 1
Level 1

Have you chosen a correct CSS for the forwarding option? If you do not choose a calling search space that enables the forward to dial the number, the call will be rejected. Give this a try and report back.

Cheers

Dave

Dear Dave,

thank you for your reply. I've changed it to all access. but still I get a connection error. but this is only when peolple are calling from the outside world...

regards,

Gerard

What error do you get?

it is a connection error

(thats what I see on my disply of my mobile if I call with my mobile)

short extra information

if we are called from external, it goes to an "old" central which forwards the call via a qsig link to the callmanager. I don't no if this causes the problem. but just to give you an idea what we have.

regads,

Gerard

Dear all,

it is solved. Problem was caused by our alcatel central which was doing forwarding via the qsig link.

thank you all for helping me out

regards,

Gerard

gerard van rij
Level 1
Level 1

ahh I still have this weird problem.

if you do a cfwdall directly to your voicemail, you get the tone that the phone does not exist..

help... anyone an idea?

Hi Gerard,

I am just guessing here, but when you mention the External call coming into the Alcatel it then routes to the extension on CCM. These must be separate numbers? So, is the Unity Subscriber mailbox referenced to the CCM or Alcatel number? Whichever it is, you probably need to list the secondary number as an Alternate Extension for the subscriber in Unity Connection.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Dear rob,

thanks for your reply. On the alcatel I have a different voicemail number. we are currently migrating from the alcatel to the callmanager.

I've set the css to max but no difference.

regards,

Gerard

Hi Gerard,

I don't think this is a CSS issue either. Can you explain exactly the routing of calls between the Alcatel and CCM. Does your DID number still exist on the Alcatel, and then is forwarded to a new number on CCM? Or does the Alcatel have some sort of steering capability to route your DID number directly to CCM? It seems like when an external call comes in and the phone is set to CFWDALL to voicemail, that what is presented to Unity Connection is not presented correctly. For example if your number (and Unity profile) is AAAA but when it comes through the CFWD it is changed to BBBB this type of behaviour would be expected.

Try a test with CFWDALL to another IP Phone on CCM and see what comes up on the receiving phone's display (AAAA or BBBB). This may give us a hint as to what is going wrong here.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Dear Rob,

I've tested your suggestion (great idea btq).

the strange thing is.. if you call from external and you have forwarded your telephone, it works. if you try again (and again and again). it rings 1 time (shortly) and then the caller gets an tone that the phone does not exist.

if I call from a phone on the alcatel, no problems. if I call from an ip phone, no problems.

regards,

gerard

I have a similar issue with a CallManager 6 and Unity Connection 2 server that was just upgraded from 4.1 and 3.1 respectively. I have calls from the outside that hit a translation pattern for an extension on a phone which after hours forwards to voicemail. If I call that phone from an IP phone it plays the callhandler greeting fine, but if I call from an outside line I still see the same 4 digit extension hit the unity port, but it attempts to play another callhandler greeting but fails and hangs up.

Did you find a solution or bug for this type of problem?

Thanks,

Robert

Dear Robert,

sorry for my late reply. I had alcatel central between my callmanager and my pri. somehow the the connection between the callmanager and the alcatel central gave the problem once I've removed the alcatel cental and connected the callmanager directly to the pri the problem was solved.

but I don't think this is the same problem as you have.

regards,

Gerard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: