Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External faxing not working

I have fax machines setup on a VG310 and they are able to fax internally between each other with no issues.  When I try to send a fax externally I get a "Line Busy" error on the fax machine.  Inbound faxes don't seem to come in.  I cannot seem to find any reason that these should not work.

I also have analog phones configured on this same VG310 and they have no issues calling out or receiving calls.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looks like I am having a communication error between one of my CUCM servers and the gateway.  I ended up switching the server my Trunk was communicating with and it worked just fine.  

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Make sure that you use g711 as the codec for the call out via your voice gateway for the out/in -bound calls from the VG port. What type of connection do you use for the connectivity with PSTN? Can you please share a debug of the failed calls?

Response Signature

I have g711 setup as the codec for this.  My PSTN is connected to a T1 PRI.  When I did Debug CCSIP Calls and Debug isdnq931 for outbound calls I got nothing in my logs when I did an outbound call.

If you get nothing it would mean that the call doesn’t hit the gateway. For this you should look at call routing in CM. Start with doing a DNA and check calls from this device to the number that you’re trying to fax to.

Response Signature

Hi,

Can you please disable fax relay in your dialpeer facing the phone
provider.?

**** please remember to rate useful posts

I currently do not have fax relay turned on for my dial-peers.

Looks like I am having a communication error between one of my CUCM servers and the gateway.  I ended up switching the server my Trunk was communicating with and it worked just fine.