Views
Helpful
Replies

External Line Phone Button

MD-Consulting
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I want to configure a phone button on a Cisco IP phone in a CUCM environment, so the user does not have to dial the extension before the international number. Normally a user would dial 910044xxxxxx to place an external call, but if he does not know the 91 he should be able to simply press the button on the phone and then dial his international number.

I tried to add 91 to a speed dial button ( also 91,,) but all I get is a fast busy. If you dial the complete number manually it works like a charm.

Does any one have an idea or maybe the solution for that? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Thorsten

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm assuming you actually mean you want to configure a speed dial, and then have the user dial the rest, right????

if so, just change, can't recall if it's under enterprise parameters or service parameters, the option to wait for more digits on speed dial.

OR simply configure a TP to match that, and you add the 91 there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm assuming you actually mean you want to configure a speed dial, and then have the user dial the rest, right????

if so, just change, can't recall if it's under enterprise parameters or service parameters, the option to wait for more digits on speed dial.

OR simply configure a TP to match that, and you add the 91 there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes thats exactly what I want, press the speed dial button ( it dials 91) and I dial the international number.

I can not test it out right now, will have to wait for Monday.

Thanks

Thorsten

Sorry for that late reply, the service parameter worked like a charm. Thanks for the help!

Cheers

Thorsten