Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External Number showing along with the internal number in CME

hello,

Why is all my external number is showing next to my internal number like 1XXX(0XXXXXXXXXX). Is there any way to disable it in CME configuration?

11 Replies 11

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Could you upload CME configuration, please?

Here is the config

For example, you have this:

ephone-dn  1  dual-line
 number 8112
 label 8112
 description 8112
 name 8112

- label is "tag" that appears in your line button

- description is what appears on the right top corner (equal to external phone number mask at CUCM).

- name is the callerName that will appear in your outgoing calls.

You have to change (or remove) these accordingly.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

As mentioned, you need to tweet these fields to match what you want to see

This is how your configured it. It will be configured under your ephone-dn
> label or voice register dn > label

Do you want me to configure label for each extension so that it won't show my external number number next to my internal number?

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The configuration you uploaded is a CME/SRST configuration. Is that the case for you? Do you see this when your phones are in SRST mode or when they are registered in normal CUCM mode?

Georgios

My router is functioning as CME/SRST. I see this when my phones are registered to SRST. When they registered to CUCM everything working fine.

change the "name" field in your config to something other than the number.

that is where this is coming from. if you used a user name for instance, it would appear as John Doe(0XXXXXXXXXX)

Regards,
Steve
Please rate all helpful posts.

I don't want to change my 4 digit extension but I want to remove or change external number that was showing next to my extension. Ex: 8111(0XXXXXXXXXX) to 8111

No one suggested that you change your 4-digit extension.

When you are at SRST, do you see 0XXXXXXXXXX for extension 8111, with the attached configuration?

Try this:

telephony-service
 srst mode auto-provision none create cnf-files

and then fallback to SRST. The first command should help keep your (current) SRST as is on running-configuration and stop altering it every time you go in SRST.

Georgios
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: