Views
Helpful
Replies

External Paging using E/M on 2811 in SRST mode connected to CCM 6.1

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

Here is the layout.

2811 at stores with VIC2-2E/M and a host of other things.

This router is running in SRST mode.

Connected to HQ to CCM 6.1

This is a fresh build and we will have over 150 stores connected so we will have as many CSS for each site as well as Locations, etc...

We are having a hard time getting the overhead paging to work.

We will connect a Bogen amp to the E/M port.

We built a route group/route list/and route pattern and pointed it to the H323 gatgeway. Placed everything in the same CSS and have the partitions in the same CSS, but just rings busy.

Any docs on how to set this up? Or anyone ever get this working?

Just need pointed in the right direction. We feel it is a CCM issue on getting the call routed to the right location.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, if I understand, other store than 501 can reach the bogen but not the store 501. In this case I suppose that other site use G.729 and the 501 store use G.711. The default codec for a H323 GW is G729. To override this you could add this dialpeer for each CCM server (Pub and subs)

dial-peer voice 1 voip

description This is the CCM dial-peer

preference 1

incomming called number .

codec g711ulaw

session target ipv4:192.168.1.6

dtmf-relay h245-signal

no vad

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

elavoie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, have you put a dialpeer into your voice GW ? Have you configure your voice-port correctly ?

ex.:

voice-port 2/0

description E&M port -> Bogen

auto-cut-through

signal immediate

---

dial-peer voice 3191 pots

destination-pattern 3191

port 2/0

forward-digits 0

Even if these are built they would not be used until the router is in fallback mode, correct? Or do I need them there no matter what?

Hi, in H323 there's no fallback mode. If the phones lose communication with the CCM(s), the configured phone will register with your SRST GW and the dial-peer still active to route the call to the E&M port.

voice-port 0/3/0

auto-cut-through

type 5

signal immediate

!

dial-peer voice 850115 pots

description Overhead Paging

destination-pattern 850115

port 0/3/0

forward-digits 0

!

It does not appear to be a routing issue, rather a Partiton or CSS issue.

I have taken and set the CSS to something different and it would work. Or another store call the number directly that is in a different CSS group and they work just fine, but when the Device and the Route Pattern are in the same config settings then I get a busy, not fast busy, just a steady busy as if the port is in use.

What do you mean when you say "Device and route Pattern are in the same config settings"? (Maybe some PRT Screen will help)

When you run the Route Plan Report (Route Plan -> Route Plan Report) Is there other things that is correspond to 850115 ?

You can also check the codec between Regions !

Here are all the screen shots.

I just rebuilt the route group/list/pattern

Did not place any Partitions on anything or CSS

All images are in the zip file.

Ok, if I understand, other store than 501 can reach the bogen but not the store 501. In this case I suppose that other site use G.729 and the 501 store use G.711. The default codec for a H323 GW is G729. To override this you could add this dialpeer for each CCM server (Pub and subs)

dial-peer voice 1 voip

description This is the CCM dial-peer

preference 1

incomming called number .

codec g711ulaw

session target ipv4:192.168.1.6

dtmf-relay h245-signal

no vad

before I blew all the config away I was able to get to it from another store, for testing purposes only and it appeard to be CSS related.

Right now all I have in the config is what is shown in the screen shots.

I do not see how codec is an issue. It appears to be CSS and/or PT related.

We made some changes in the RG and RL and just sent the pattern to the gateway then changed the codec for the specific region and it connected. Still doing some investigating but appears to have fixed the issue.

Here are all the screen shots.

I just rebuilt the route group/list/pattern

Did not place any Partitions on anything or CSS

All images are in the zip file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: