cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External Phone Number Mask and Telco issue.

allen.hilton1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have requested for our Telco to assist with setting up our PRI's to utilize the External Phone Number Mask so we can send this as our CPN. At first I recieved the answer that I wanted to hear in that they would set up the PRI's to send CPN instead of Main Billing Number and setup a call screening table with all of our DID numbers. If the CPN was not in the screening table then they would send the Main Billing Number.

After I was given this answer, I was then told this could not be done because our PRI's are on a 5ESS switch.

Can anyone help me determine which one of these answers is correct; can this be done on a 5ESS PRI or not? Is anyone doing this currently with their Telco using a 5ESS PRI and succesfully sending the number mask as their CPN?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Allen,

There is no available documentation stating this limitation with 5ESS explicitly. The following blog infact suggests that it coulb be possible with 5ESS

http://blog.globalknowledge.com/technology/unified-communications/concepts-in-psali/

You many want to check with TAC if they had some cases with similar issue being reported with 5ESS since caller id issues are so common.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -