Views
Helpful
Replies

External Phone Number Mask doesn't work

Suchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have issue in mu CUCM, it doesn't display correct number when dial out. It shows the general number instead of actual number. Extensions configured with correct external masks & it worked earlier properly. What could be the reason?

10 Replies 10

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the external phone number mask.

Check the Route Pattern (for the number you are testing)> Calling parting transformation> Use Calling party's external phone number mask is checked.

-Terry

Please rate helpful posts

Also check route list parameters, calling mask can also be set here globally.

Yes. Make sure the Route List is not set to "Use External Number Mask" = Off.

Set it to default or ON.

Similar with the Gateway.

I checked Route pattern & it wasn't any external phone number mask checked. I did the checked & do i  need to update calling party transformation mask & other inflammation below?

No you dont need to update the calling party transformation mask or other info.. just check the Use Calling Party's External Phone Mask and you should be good.

Remember Route List and Gateway/Trunk Calling Party Masks override this setting. So make these are not populated.

Ben

Please rate usefule posts

You should be good with other things. Just make a test call and let me know how you go.

-Terry

Hi all,

My problem was in "Device Pools". (I work with CUCM 10.5.2)

Phone Settings > Caller ID For Calls From This Phone > Calling Party Transformation CSS

Solved.

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

May be you have already resolved it. If not yet, I would want to check two things:

1. Check at the gateway, what exactly is being sent to the Telco

2. Check with the telco, that if they are indeed honoring what you are sending.

Some telcos would allow anything to be sent means, they would gladly accept any digit as caller ID, however some telcos dont accept anything other than their precise format and if anything is different, they would simply overwrite with the Main Number.

HTH

Amit Sharawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Suchira,

Could you please paste the DNA output of the call, it will list all the transformations(if happening in CUCM) before we send to gateway.

Serviceability>>tools>dialed number analyzer>analyze

Put the called number and select the CSS of the Phone you are calling from.

~Amit

HI Amit,

It doesn't display calling party transformation details , seems something wrong