Helpful
Replies

External Presentation Information not working

LeoWest34019
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a Problem,

I set everything up as described in the documentation, but nothing changes when I enter a number in "External Presentation Information Number"

i want all Phones to display a different number as the directory Number.

Any Ideas ?

4 Replies 4

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

Maybe you could explain what you have as the basic configuration at the moment.  To take a couple of example phones what are their internal extension numbers (DNs) what are their incoming PSTN numbers (if any) and what do you want them to present as their calling number when they make outgoing calls?

Aside from the configuration you mention in your first post, have you configured "External Phone Number Mask",  "Enterprise Alternate Number" or "+E.164 Alternate Number"?   Just to understand what you already have in place.

And finally what is the exact behaviour that you are hoping to configure?

I have a Phone with the Number: xxxxxxxxx438 as Directory Number And that is also the number witch is displayed as their calling number when it make outgoing calls.

I want that it displayed the Number xxxxxxxxx411 when it make outgoing calls.

The Option "Use Calling Party´s External Phone Number Mask" is checked:

Pattern.PNG

But what i enter in "External Phone Number Mask" on the directory Number Configuration Page is not Used.

which i also don´t understand is the differnece betwen "External Presentation Information" and "External Phone Number Mask"

it would be easier if he simple would use what i enter by "External Presentation Information" as the outgoing Number.

If you look at the document you'll see that External Presentation configuration is to allow a call to present two different calling numbers in the different SIP headers. Numbers used downstream for different purposes. A bit like sending an email with "From", "Reply to" and "on behalf of" being three different email addresses.
External number mask on the other hand sets the calling number to be used in external calls, and that number will appear as the caller or from etc in all SIP headers.
External number mask works if configured correctly.
Yet another alternative would be to re-write the calling number on your gateway with voice translation rules.

jesse7Tzz
Level 1
Level 1

TONY, thanks for explanation. Sometimes it's all about ability of a person to understand is there any need to use charts, graphs, and diagrams for the presentation, and what exact charts and diagrams to choose for the better perception of online students. This charts, graphs and diagrams for presentation article written by Preply, opened my eyes on some basic rules about creating presentations.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: