Views
Helpful
Replies

External Ring from FXS port

Euan McGregor
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there,

I am running CME on a 2801 router. I have configured a dial peer that allows the analogue phone to dial and be dialed. When I call an IP phone from the analogue phone the IP Phone rings with an external ring rather than an internal ring. Is there anyway I can change this to let it see that the FXS port is internal not external to the router but the phone still to ring if an external call is incoming?

Regards,

Euan

2 Replies 2

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Euan,

I'm sure that the ringing is controleed by the the CPTONE under your voice port.

It can only use the ringers for that country.

You really do need to adhere to the correct country of your location or other tones like busy, number unobtainable etc will be incorrect.

Hope this helps, but does not give you a fix

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your help.

I have tried this, this is for the call progress tones for the analogue user. The rings I am trying to change are on the Cisco IP Phones specifically the distinctive ringer to differentiate between internal and external calls.

When the analogue phone calls the IP phone on the same system the IP Phone rings as if it is an external call rather than an internal call.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Euan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: