cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External SIP Server to CUCM trunk. Can´t put the calls on hold.

tomas edwards
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I have a problem integrating an external SIP server with CUCM v7.1.

All is already configured.

I can place a call from the external SIP server to a phone registered in the CUCM. This is all OK.

The problem arise when the phone registered in the SIP server puts the call on hold. When this happens the CUCM terminates the call, with cause code 47. Packet capture shows that the external SIP server says to the CUCM to communicate with a media server (re-invite) but CUCM terminates the call.

In the trunk I have checked "Media Termination Point Required" and discarded codec mismatch issues.

Any suggestion is welcome.

I have attached a packet capture.

IP CUCM: 172.19.250.10.

IP external SIP server: 192.168.188.38.

IP media server: 192.168.188.20.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

lrosioru
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tomas,

We need to have on CUCM MRGL with MOH resources.

Do you have external MOH or only CUCM resources. Are you using unicast or multicast MOH?

What codec is established for your call initially (if only CUCM resources are used, they will be only G711)?

Regards,

Lilia

Hi Lilia,

MRGL has MOH resources already. The point is that the External SIP server tells the CUCM to initiate a SIP session with an external media server so I think is not necessary MOH in the CUCM. Is configured anyway.

The codec used is G711.

Hi Tomas,

Then CallManager detailed logs should help to understand what exactly is happening.

Regards,

Lilia

ln33147
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Thomas,

Could you please advise which media server you have used and how you integrated it with CUCM.

Thank you.

ln33147
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Thomas,

Could you please advise which media server you have used and how you integrated it with CUCM.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: