cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External URI dialing configuration help

Samuel T Mathai
Level 1
Level 1

Would like to get help for configuring external URI dialing. We had implemented IM Presence 10.5 , cucm 10.5 & expressway c & e & we had CUBE routers. I heard we can setup sip route pattern for URI dialing. Did anyone tried this or give me idea how its works.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yeah its definitely possible, there are quite a few things to configure and set up such as, srv records and externally signed certificates

start by reading this

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-1/Cisco-VCS-Basic-Configuration-Control-with-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-1.pdf

basically how it works is that external parties can dial straight into your organisation, for instance some one can dial jimbob@heinekenbeer.com    what you will need to remeber is that on your phones it is best to set up alternate numbers on each phone so the URI jimbob@heinekenbeer.com can actually be called.

Hope this helps

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

Within a cluster, URI dialing only needs a valid URI to be map with one of phones DN, which can be dialed either though speed dial button or through Jabber.

Between the clusters, you would like to see ILS service for exchange of URIs between the clusters.

- Vivek

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yeah its definitely possible, there are quite a few things to configure and set up such as, srv records and externally signed certificates

start by reading this

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-1/Cisco-VCS-Basic-Configuration-Control-with-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-1.pdf

basically how it works is that external parties can dial straight into your organisation, for instance some one can dial jimbob@heinekenbeer.com    what you will need to remeber is that on your phones it is best to set up alternate numbers on each phone so the URI jimbob@heinekenbeer.com can actually be called.

Hope this helps

do we need configure federation for this ? I think we need rich media license for this too..right ?

Federation is not a requirement, and rich media licenses?  not really, we have it deployed in our organisation without them.

without license you can make calls to external URI dialing  (other domain name example like 123@cisco.com) ?

AFAIK, this is not licensed feature and hence you can.

- Vivek

thanks all.. I have done this successfully. B2B calls are working great. for b2b calls we need rich media license..  I have one issue with incoming uri dialing. example if some one made an incoming call to sam@cisco.com and my uri address is configured like Sam@cisco.com (capital letter S) call manager reject this call.

Hi,

Please check the following enterprise parameter and configure accordingly.

URI Lookup Policy - Case Sensitive/Case Insesitive

- Vivek

I would try that...  did phones reset if add it and save ?

great... its working.. Thanks Vivek..

Thanks for the updates Samuel.

-Vivek

could you please share the configs ?

Within a cluster, URI dialing only needs a valid URI to be map with one of phones DN, which can be dialed either though speed dial button or through Jabber.

Between the clusters, you would like to see ILS service for exchange of URIs between the clusters.

- Vivek

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Samuel,

Please take a look into the below document:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12545126/sip-uri-dialing

Regards

Deepak

thanks Deepak.. I am waiting for finish exp E & C.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: