Replies

FAC and CMC

tiger_401
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am running call manager 9.1.

I need to apply a policy in such a way that for example:

If any user who dials any mobile number or international number he should be prompted to ask for the pin or security code.

Please guide me the best way to accomplish this task.

I will be very thankful for your support.

Regards,

Malik

22 Replies 22

Hi Malik,

when u make an outside PSTN call, then, automatically, messsage comes for authorisation wherein u need to enter the code so that call proceeds.

there is no need of configuring/pressing  services button.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

I have a question for extension mobility.

I have configured ext mobility i want to know for example i m having cisco ip phone 7962 and i need to login to another cisco ip phone modle 7971.

Will the ext mobility work or no ?

Kindly let me know

Regards,

Malik.

Hi Malik,

You wont' be able to do since u are selecting the Phone model while configuring device profile.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Yes you are right Aman.

But i have a quesion if we think logically what will be the use of ext mobility.

For example i m using 7962 ip phone and if i goes to another building there are all 7970 ip phones then how can i use ext mobility feature. I should find a 7962 i phone to login.

Please correct me if i am wrong

Regards

Malik

Yes, you can absolutely do that, and that's actually covered in the EM configuration guide.

You need to configure default device profiles for that to happen, if you haven't, review the EM configuration guide under the CUCM features and services guide.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for answering,Malik's query(+5).

I have a query , suppose if  we have a user  configured for 7962 EM and if he logs in with 7942 , can he work ?

Secondly, suppose if he has four lines configured with 7962 , can he still work with 7942 but only first two lines appear .

Please advice.

regds,

aman

Yes, actually those 2 are "equivalent" so there's no need for anything else to be configured.

But between any other phone models, you need default device profiles.

Yes, obviously you cannot have the same number of lines if there are less in the device you're using.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Thanks a lot for clearing my doubt.

regds,

aman