Replies

FAC code over expressway-e (vpn less)

waqas sardar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

cucm version 9

cisco jabber ipphone 10.5

FAC code is supported on the Cisco jabber over expressway-e (vpn less)??

2 Replies 2

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is a duplicate post. Please do not, open duplicate threads. If you need follow up just reply to your original thread instead of opening a new one.

Anyways copy pasting from the original thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12389051/expressway-calls-forced-authorization-code-required-not-working.

Your calls from Jabber iPhone client over the expressway are not working because of the below limitation:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_CEF0C471_00_cucm-features-services-guide-90/CUCM_BK_CEF0C471_00_cucm-features-services-guide-90_chapter_0101011.html#CUCM_RF_IF700C99_00

• Because no method exists to play the FAC or CMC tone over a trunk, calls that originate from a SIP trunk, H.323, or MGCP gateway fail if they encounter a route pattern that requires FAC or CMC.

Since you will have Jabber for iphone>Expressway-E>Expressway-C>SIP Trunk>CUCM - your call is traversing over a SIP trunk so it will not be able to play FAC tone and call fails.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts and mark the thread as answered if you have no more queries.

This FAC bug on Jabber clients is known since years ago and not yet resolved, I doubt Cisco will ever resolve it.  Usually after pressing the number, I see a "Voice Connect" and an annoucement asking for a code but usually it drops from 2 to 5 seconds and varies from internal to external networks. Its a pain for the user experience, and for sites that still wants FAC codes for outgoing calls due to cost sensitivity. Nonetheless, I have found a work around for this by using #, i.e. if you need a PIN code for a outgoing 7 digit with prefix 9 PSTN call you can insert a route pattern 9XXXXXXX# and check requires a FAC code, and on the jabber client all u need is enter 9XXXXXXX#PIN# and send it through at once (Enblock) with or without MRA, the call should go through at least I tested, anyone else can attempt to test this and let me know if it does not work. If the FAC level is not high enough the voice connect prompts for another PIN code 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: