Views
Helpful
Replies

FAC submit Soft Key

Paulo Ferreira
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we are trying to implement Forced Authorization Codes in 88xx series.

After all created, FAC and Route Pattern, in the phone we dial the FAC but we don't have the softkey "Submit" to validate the code, so we have to wait for timeout to establish the call.

I can't find it on template.

Can you help me?

10 Replies 10

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe it doesn't give the submit button option for FAC.

You just have to press # in the end to aviod interdigit timeout value.If the code entered is invalid call will not go through otherwise it will route immediately.

Hello Deepak ,

Thanks for your response .

However in the 78xx series the button appears available ...

Regards

Paulo Ferreira

Hi Paoulo,

I did test it with 88XX series phone and it doesn't give any option of submit.

Nither i found anything in softkey template which we can assign apart from pressing # to aviod interdigit timeout.

Perhaps other experts can comment.

there are only 2 things to do here, press # or adjust your T.302 timer so that interdigit timeout is low.  Why would you want to complicate things by using a submit button when all you do is train your users to press #

Hello Nick,

I understand what you are saying.

But imagine this scenario. We installed about 150 78xx series phones on a costumer, and they use FACs and, we don't know how, a submit button appears. The second part of the project, on another building but in the same costumer, we will install more 100 88xx series phones. On that phones the submit button don't appears and no one knows why. To the costumer is strange because in the other phones the button is there, why on this model that button doesn't exist?

That's the reason that we need to figure this out.

Paulo Ferreira

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

OK, EXACTLY what are you doing??

The way FAC works is that once you hit a FAC enabled RP, you're prompted to dial the FAC code, and then it will place the call, there is no FAC nor submit softkey in the templates, I just checked this.

FAC and CMC guides also fail to mention anything about a softkey

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_010000.html

It is as Deepak says, if there's an overlapping in the FAC codes, all you need to do, is press #

What phone FW are you using?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime,

we created some FAC and applied to RP, so when we dial for example international call, we are prompted to insert FAC. In 7811/21 appears a softkey saying "Submit" but in 88xx nothing appears. As you said if we press # the FAC is entered, independently of phone model. In softkey template we don't have nothing.

The firmware is sip78xx.10-3-1-12 and sip88xx.10-2-2-16.  

Here are the prtscr associated to 88xx and 78xx.

OK, thanks for the screenshots, that helped a lot, it's probably this bug

Needn't <x> softkey before input FAC/CMC code
CSCuz12260

You'll have to engage TAC or your SE for further info on it as the info is not publicly available.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime,

Thanks, but I don't have permissions to see that bug.

I think I will open a case TAC.

Paulo Ferreira

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: