Views
Helpful
Replies

Factory Reset 8821

adelaura
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco 8821 that display a strange error that is "MIC not installed", it's broken or I can do something for let it works?

Second question: how do I perform a factory reset on this model?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1- Mic not installed :- Find the below link helpful 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/collaboration-endpoints/wireless-ip-phone-8821/201021-Troubleshoot-8821-IP-Phone-Display-MIC.html

2- Factory reset 

You can reset the phone to factory defaults using the keypad. The phone resets user and network setup settings
to their default values and then restarts.

Procedure
Step 1 Press the Power/End Call and Pound (#) keys at the same time.
Step 2 When the LED on the top of the phone lights, press 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 * 0 #.

HTH

Regards

Abhay

Kindly rate all helpful posts !!!

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

1- Mic not installed :- Find the below link helpful 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/collaboration-endpoints/wireless-ip-phone-8821/201021-Troubleshoot-8821-IP-Phone-Display-MIC.html

2- Factory reset 

You can reset the phone to factory defaults using the keypad. The phone resets user and network setup settings
to their default values and then restarts.

Procedure
Step 1 Press the Power/End Call and Pound (#) keys at the same time.
Step 2 When the LED on the top of the phone lights, press 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 * 0 #.

HTH

Regards

Abhay

Kindly rate all helpful posts !!!

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Hi Abhay,

Thank you! You were really helpful.

Having trouble loading profile to a new 8821 wireless phone.

I load the 7925 wireless profile through my PC (192.168.1.100)

can I do the same with the 8821wireless phone 

***Step 2: LED light on device will first illuminate green, when it changes to red/amber release on and # button. Proceed with 123456789*# the red LED light will flash will every button pressed. If red LED light does not flash with break code you will have to power down and follow reset instruction again.

123456789*0#

dkikko2
Level 1
Level 1

Follow bullet point 2 and 3..

Factory reset 8821:
Turn the phone off by pressing the red button.
• Press and hold the # key, then power on the phone.
• Keep the # key and power button held until the LED turns red.
• Once the LED changes colors, release the power and # key.
• Then press 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 * 0 #.
• The Cisco Wireless IP Phone 8821 or 8821-EX will then continue the normal boot process and have the factory settings

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: