Views
Helpful
Replies

fail to upgrade phones firmware

networkexpert
Level 1
Level 1

Dears ,

I tried to update the firmware of phones 88xx and 7821 series .

I have uploaded the new firmware and restarted the TFTP however the new firmware still not shown in device default.

cucm ver 12.01

files are uploaded and installed (cop.sgn) format  successfully

also tried to extract the files and uploaded them individually but also still not exist under "Device Defaults"

please advise 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you touch them , such as apply config , if they reboot , if you reset , etc , theyā€™ll grab the new config and load line and load the software.

You can just set up batch apply config jobs in bulk admin and hit them in segments if you need to.

The customer should I think since 12 firmware be prompted that an upgrade is coming . The timer isnā€™t long and the phone restart will drop the LAN link.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Device defaults will change when you install the COP to the database publisher

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

Follow the steps the in this guide to fix the firmware default for your phones, look at the very last section of the doc, you'll see a pic with "dual bank information".  I know you did not install the device pack but it's the same concept.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/213290-configure-device-pack-on-cisco-call-mana.html

I tried the same but still can't see the new firmware in device defaults.

I installed transit firmware then install the required firmware and it is done .

current load image : 12.0.1

transit image : 12.1.1

required image : 12.5.1

I am not sure this was the issue or not.

currently the next step is to apply the new image on phones.

so I have to reset all phones to do so . correct ? or phones should start upgrading themselves?

If you touch them , such as apply config , if they reboot , if you reset , etc , theyā€™ll grab the new config and load line and load the software.

You can just set up batch apply config jobs in bulk admin and hit them in segments if you need to.

The customer should I think since 12 firmware be prompted that an upgrade is coming . The timer isnā€™t long and the phone restart will drop the LAN link.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: