cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed install CUCM 9.1 on VM, Can not read the dump log file.

kevintang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I failed install CUCM 9.1 on VM ESXi 4.1 server. following this link, I have got the install log file.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/How_to_Dump_Install_Logs_to_the_Serial_Port_of_the_Virtual_Machine

I have followed the instrution and attached a new, empty file to the serial port when dump the install log. but when I open the log file, all of the then are unreadable symbol.

any idea?

Regards

Kevin

31 Replies 31

I think you need upgrade CUCM 7.1.5 to 8.5(1)SU5 first. then virtualize CUCM 8.5(1)SU5. last, you can upgrade CUCM 8.5(1)SU5 to CUCM 9.1.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/elmuserguide/9_1_1/license_migration/CUCM_BK_CBF8B56A_00_cucm-license-upgrade-guide_chapter_010.html

I'm hitting the same problem with a bootable 9.1.1.20000-5 .iso on a Unity Connection subscriber install.  UCS server is C220M3, using latest 9.1 ova.  The same .iso worked fine for a CUCM subscriber install.  Will attempt install again with 8.6.2 .iso and perform upgrade.

devin.bese
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same critical error with bootable 9.1.1.20000-5 when attempting to install the subscriber on C220M3. Here is what worked for me. Go back to the Publisher and reset the cluster password with "set password user security" in the CLI of the Pub. It will ask for the existing pass, then put in the new pass and make note of it. You will then see the message to reset all your nodes for the change to take effect. Cancel it if you are not ready to reset.

After it comes back up, try your install with the sub again.

The latest version is UCOS_9.1.2.10000-28.sgn.iso now. Did you try this version?

I am attempting to build a CUCM 9.1 server in the lab on a VMWare 5.5 ESXi box.  Hardware-wise it should be OK but I am getting the error detailed above.  I have tried ALL available 9.1 Bootable ISO's using the 9.1 OVA template and they all fail at the same point.  I have just tried 8.6.2.23900-10 with the 8.6 OVA template and again this failed at the same point.

I am beginning to think there is some other issue here?

I was try to upgrade CUCM from 8.5.10000 to UCSInstall_UCOS_9.1.2.11900-12.sgn

Now it was stuc on component Install and it has been over 2 hours still the same message ...

Anyone has any idea ???

Hi,

Normally it takes 2-3  hours for complete upgradation.

Are u getting some estimated wait time?

regds,

aman

no it has been over 6 hours ...

still the same and open the Cisco TAC ... but the tac not help at all .

have you done this version upgrade before ?

thanks

Hi ,

I did from CUCM 7 to 9  but we were able to complete in 2-3 hours.

Just to cross-check did u install ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.3.cop.sgn.I beleive u are upgrading from

8.5.1.10000-26 restricted version .Is that correct?

regds,

aman

correct .

seems , upgradation  has somewhat hanged.

Is this happening on Publisher?

regds,

aman

thanks for that .

yes , you right ... it just finished and over 7 hours for finished ...

the hard part is you couldn't see the status upgrade processing from the consol ..

but this CLI maybe will help  "

utils system upgrade status

"

So, is it finished now ?

how many phones and servers u have in a cluster ?

regds,

aman

over 3000

and 1 x pub 3 x sub 2 x cups

upgradation is still going on or finished?

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: