Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to call pilot point number

chialun
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir,

The pilot point number is 32000 belongs to receptionist. Receptionist have extension number 32001,32002,32003,32004 & 32006 . We have ccm version 4.1(3)sr5d with publisher and subscriber in the iptel environment. The receptionist phone is registered to the subscriber . We tried to call the pilot point number 32000 from extension number 32255 (mac address 0011BBA02052 ) and other extension number but end up with "engaged tone" . Hereby attached the pilot point, hunt group and cm trace for both pub and sub. You can refer to 28 april sub.rar --> sub sdi --> ccm00000247.txt . You can trace from ccm00000247.txt . The calling session is between 16:50 - 16:58 . From extension number 32255 ( mac address 0011BBA02052) --> pilot number 32000 . Please advise how to solve this issue? We hope could call 32000 .Your effort shall be highly appreciated.

thanks.

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

have you already tried resetting the CTIManager and TCD services?

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi javalenc,

Thank you for fast response, i just tried to restart call manager service on control center but unfortunately no luck, impact still the same. :(

thanks.

thank you javalenc. at last settle. :D

good to hear that, BTW when you have issues with AC usually just restarting CTI and TCD do the trick, there is no need to restart CCM.

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

thank you for being so helpful. cti & tcd can settle it. Actually what's the relation between cti & tcd and ac? :D Provide informations only if you have time,sorry to disturb you. thank you for helping. :D

haha, np, i enjoy the forum and usually do it when i have some free time

The TCD is the Telephony Call Dispatcher, is the service that routes the calls to the AC users.

It connects to the pilot point and to the hunt group to find out who is logged in and to route the calls to the available members

The PP is a CTI, so it's handled by the CTIManager. a CTI is a virtual device

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi javalenc,

Thank you for good explaination. I would like to share with you below somethings i fount on cisco.com link that can tell us in details the flow from incoming calls --> tcd--> pilot point (cti manager) --> ac user . The configuration shown as well.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmfeat/fsccmac.html#wp1185709

Thank you javalenc and have a nice day .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: