cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fast Busy on FXS port

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

After a tech Hard Reset our Publisher, of course on accident, we've had odd issues most have been resolved however, we have a paging system that when a user calls gets a fast busy. The Paging system is connected to H.323 gateway at a remote location. The paging system is connected via a FXS port. The route pattern is on call manager in a seperate partiion that points to a CSS, Route List, Route group that points to the Gateway that has the FXS port that only the two phones can access.

I've did the typical troubleshooting reseting phones, checking if the CSS is correct on phones, shut/no shut the FXS ports. The local tech has reset the paging system. Is there any other debug or troublshooting I can do to at least confirm its not the gateway or Call Manager and that the dialed number is at least getting to the paging system.

Running CUCM 7.1

thanks,

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Try these two steps:

1) Run debug cch323 on the gateway. Should see a bunch of stuff happen when you dial it IF CallManager is sending the setup. If you have a lot of stuff going on on the GW it might be better to do a 'debug h225 asn1'... but log it to text as it's wordy.

2) Go to http://ccmip/dna (assuming you have the Dialled Number Analyser service activated) - this will verify your PT/CSS/Routing setup. Stick in the number of the paging gateway and the CSS you are using and you are away.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Try these two steps:

1) Run debug cch323 on the gateway. Should see a bunch of stuff happen when you dial it IF CallManager is sending the setup. If you have a lot of stuff going on on the GW it might be better to do a 'debug h225 asn1'... but log it to text as it's wordy.

2) Go to http://ccmip/dna (assuming you have the Dialled Number Analyser service activated) - this will verify your PT/CSS/Routing setup. Stick in the number of the paging gateway and the CSS you are using and you are away.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron, I did as you said however when I ran both debugs then called from a phone it generated no output. I made sure that I enabled "terminal monitor" and since I was using telnet I enabled "logging monitor debugging" and "logging on" in global configuration mode. Still I saw nothing.

Does this mean that Call Manager is not sending digits to the gateway. Shouldn't I get some output?  I also ran the dialed number analyzer and partions, CSS, RL, Rgroups all look good and point to the gateway I'm running my debugs on? I also changed the partition that the route pattern is associated with to the null partition. I still get the fast busy.When the phone is in another CSS that is not supposed to have access to that route pattern I get a Cisco's cannot complete the number as dialed, which makes sense but, when I switch back to the correct partion that should have access I get a fast busy.

any other advice?

thanks,

Dan

Hi Aaron, fixed my problem. As I stated in the previous post I never could see any output from the debugs. This bothered me to no end. Finally I decided that it has to be an issue on Call Manager...that its not sending digits. Again checked CSS, partitions, RL, RG ect...I even threw another extension on the dial-peer and added a new route pattern....nothing. I then deleted the old route pattern and created it again with the same settings and it worked! I then realized that when you do this call manager automatically resets the Route List. I never thought about checking that nor have I ever had to reset the route list.

Sucks that it took me that long to figure that out over something that was one click away but, the paging system is working correctly and I do see debug info now. Thanks for you help.

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: