cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fast Busy Outgoing calls on FXO - No Issue with inbound

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Site lost power over the weekend.  Since then they are unable to make outbound calls.  They have 4 analog line connected to an FXO card on a 2921 voice router connecting back to our centralized call manager system over SIP.  Inbound calls work fine.  When I run the debug vpm signal and test outbound, I get nothing.  The call is not even touching the FXO ports when I do a show voice call summary, just a fast busy.  I have configured the site route patterns to use the PRI at corporate and they are able to dial out that way.

Is it possible for an FXO to have damage affecting only outbound calls?  I have rebooted the router.  Are there other debugs I can use to try and capture something that may lead to what the cause is?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Turns out rebooting the firewall resolved the issue.  We just recently replaced the Cisco ASA's with PaloAlto's. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I guess anything is possible, but yeah, that would be very strange to have an electrical issue affect a circuit in a single direction.

Maybe it's more likely some of the config didn't get saved, or didn't load, upon reboot?

Since you haven't shared any of your config or debugs, I cannot say for sure.

Could you post:
show dial-peer voice summ
debug ccsip mess
debug voip ccapi inout

I did verify the config multiple times.  Here is the output for dial-peer voice summary below.  I get no output for any of the debugs when attempting an outbound call.  I'll attach the running config.

dial-peer hunt 2
AD PRE PASS OUT
TAG TYPE MIN OPER PREFIX DEST-PATTERN FER THRU SESS-TARGET STAT PORT KEEPALIVE
21474- voip up up 7076401$ 3 syst loopback:rtp
100 pots up up 8[2-9]...... 0 up trunkgroup ANALOG
101 pots up up 81[2-9]......... 0 up trunkgroup ANALOG
102 pots up up 8[2-9]..[2-9]...- 0 up trunkgroup ANALOG
8911 pots up up 8911 0 up trunkgroup ANALOG
911 pots up up 911 0 up trunkgroup ANALOG
10 voip up up 2 syst ipv4:172.20.1.100
11 voip up up 1 syst ipv4:172.20.1.101
70764- voip up up 7076401 1 syst ipv4:172.20.1.101
70764- voip up up 7076401 2 syst ipv4:172.20.1.100
AD PRE PASS OUT
TAG TYPE MIN OPER PREFIX DEST-PATTERN FER THRU SESS-TARGET STAT PORT KEEPALIVE
40001 voip up up 7076207$ 2 syst ipv4:10.76.0.102:506

Hi Yort,

I have looked into configuration which seems to be fine. As you said,  incoming is working fine with the same configuration, i will suggest to share debugs which has been suggested to check the issue.

Regards

Hari

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks, Hari Prasad

Turns out rebooting the firewall resolved the issue.  We just recently replaced the Cisco ASA's with PaloAlto's. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: