Views
Helpful
Replies

FAST way to Configuring Extension Mobility for 400 users

christopher_tan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ALL,

I would like some help to advice me if there any faster way to enable/configure 400 users for the Extension Mobility (EM) ?

The requirement is to allow users to log-in to host phone from any seat within office area.

I know there are numbers of action require, such as provision host phone with phone button template, enable EM, create EM profile, subscribe EM service, enable service button, etc

If manually doing all above works, it take at least 20-30mins per user. I need to enable 400 users in shortest time possible.

Anyone out there can advice / help, it will be much appreciate.

Thanks.

Rgds,

Christopher

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

All you need to do, is check the enable EM for the phones, you can even avoid the EM via BAT creating the service as a global subscription.

For UDPs, create one, export, and then use as template for the remaining ones.

The EM configuration guide covers the usage for default UDPs, if you haven't, I strongly suggest you review it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Vishal Bhardwaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris,

I agree with Jaime, few days ago I deployed EM for almost 100 users and it was so easy with BAT. Just make sure you associate the Users with EM profile which can be done through BAT too. You might need another BAT to make your Primary Extension show up under Users so that it can be imported in UnityConnection for Voicemail.

I hope it helps, let me know if you need further information.

Regards,

Vishal

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use BAT to enable and subscribe phones to EM, then also BAT to build your UDPs, you would need to manually build your default UDPs if you have a mix of phones they can use.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Do you have any working example of BAT for all ?

What do you mean by default UDP?

FYI, all users have different phone numbers.

Rgds,

Christopher

All you need to do, is check the enable EM for the phones, you can even avoid the EM via BAT creating the service as a global subscription.

For UDPs, create one, export, and then use as template for the remaining ones.

The EM configuration guide covers the usage for default UDPs, if you haven't, I strongly suggest you review it.

HTH

java

Vishal Bhardwaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris,

I agree with Jaime, few days ago I deployed EM for almost 100 users and it was so easy with BAT. Just make sure you associate the Users with EM profile which can be done through BAT too. You might need another BAT to make your Primary Extension show up under Users so that it can be imported in UnityConnection for Voicemail.

I hope it helps, let me know if you need further information.

Regards,

Vishal