Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax Over IP to Internal Extension inside the company

maqsood ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi  All

Iam trying to get the FOIP work  for faxing to internal extension inside the company. Ex: the company central number is 2323234 with several Fax macine

one of them is extension number 4567 , 

iam using outlook client to send a fax to this internal fax m/c (4567) . We have a 3rd party  xmedius  fax server integrated with cucm 6.1 using sip protocol

inbound /outbound faxing over ip  to direct fax machine in working fine .

how to address this fax extionsion while sending it,,,how the cucm / voice gateway 3845  will intepret this  faxing.

how can i pause for a couple of sec before sending the fax to internal extension  . what  feature or command is necessary to resolve this issue.

regards/nm

2 Replies 2

pmvillarama
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If its fine with you and not too much to ask, can you please clarify your questions and provide a little light explanation for each.

Also, please provide call flow, devices and connections. This will help others find your concerns one step closer.

Thanks and regards,

paul

Hi Paul !

thanks for reply !

i have a large setup of cucm with 7000+ phones with 8 cucm server 6.1.4 version , with 6 - 3845 Vg with several E1 of R2 protocol. Recently we implemented EFAX solution from x-medius fax server 6.X .

Example

Example Destiination Fax number Extionsion: 2345 , (central number 567890 ext 2345 )

1. Send and receive faxes is thru email client outlook.

2. For normal efax we address in outlook TO field : 6767676@fax.com ,,, this is for direct fax number (6786767)

3. We want to efax to 2345 - how to send.

The call flow:

Inbound: Receiving the fax is no problem since we have direct DID number , this DID number is routed to EFAX server thru cucm Route-pattern with route list of EFAX Sip trunk.

Outbond: From outlook client to Exchange server , then to EFAX Server , this efax server is integrated with SIP trunk in CUCM . which in turn send fax thru E1-R2 signalling to pstn .

for more info , pls let me now

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: