Views
Helpful
Replies

FAX over IP with Cisco ATA-191

SANAARAHBI31824
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I configured & registered Cisco ATA-191 in CM for Fax over IP with TOSHIBA printer.

Please need to know what is the next steeps.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution
9 Replies 9

What you’re describing isn’t fax over IP, it’s a fax machine connected by an analog converter, ie an ATA, assuming that your Toshiba printer has the capability to act as a fax machine. What is it specifically that you’re seeking assistance with from the community? You’re not very specific in your question.

Response Signature

Thank you for your reply!

I have a TOSHIBA printer with fax card and it able to work as fax machine 2525AC, as I mention before I configured ATA-191 and registered to CUCM.

My question : I can't send a FAX over the printer.

Ra grads,

Does the directory number that you have setup on the port on the ATA have a CSS that allows it to make calls to the number that you have tried to send the fax to?

Response Signature

Yes I do

Yes I do : I setup on the port on the ATA have a CSS that allows it to make calls to the number that you have tried to send the fax.

Thanks

As you marked my reply as the solution to your question does that mean that your problem is solved?

Response Signature

Yes it works also I add in my gateway router : voice service voip
fax protocol t38 version 0 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback pass-throug h g711alaw.

SANAARAHBI31824_0-1721224216237.png

Prior to setting up the fax, it’s recommended to first connect an analogue phone and perform several test calls, both incoming and outgoing. If these are successful, you can then proceed to connect the fax machine. Conduct some test calls again, both incoming and outgoing, and ensure that you are receiving the fax tones. Attempt to send a fax to a specific number to verify if both sending and receiving functionalities are operating correctly.

Response Signature