cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Faxpress with 2800 not receving DID

Bhunt 410
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried the tips I have received from a search here by adding prefixes and the numbers, but the fax press still can't make out DID.  It receives the faxes, but doesn't know where to address them. 

dial-peer voice 3529 pots

destination-pattern 3529

port 0/2/0

forward digits all

prefix ,3529

I have tried the prefix a few different ways.  We have a 2800 with a pri that brings the call in, then we send the call out a FXS port to the faxpress box.  Any other ideas?

6 Replies 6

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

With the information available I am assuming this is a pre-existing H323 voice gateway and calls to other device are working?

How many digits does your TELCO send from PSTN?

Are there any translations configured?

You can work most of this out by enabling following traces.

Debug ISDN q931

Debug voice dialpeer

Debug voice translation

And place a call from PSTN to 3529?

I think the prefix command may not be what your looking for, at the moment when a call matches 3529 when the FXS comes off hook you will send 35293529

If your happy to post the config as well as the traces it may speed up the resolution.

Craig

Please rate helpful posts

1. The Telco sends us 4 digitis

2 There are no translations configured

OK I can see the incoming number is correct, can enter the following config?

dial-peer voice 3529 pots

no forward digits all

no prefix ,3529

and can you send me a copy of 'show voice port summary'?

On the analogue can you disconnect your equipment and please a call with the debugs running again please?

From you equipment can you place a call?

Do you have a POTS analogue phone you can plug into 0/2/0?

Craig

Please rate helpful posts

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The problem here seems to be that you expect the FXS port to forward the DID to the FaxPress server. Analog lines do not forward DNIS (the DID) normally, only the ANI (the Caller ID). You should be using an ISDN PRI toward the FaxPress server to do this. Alternatively, you can try to configure the Fax Press server to either:

• Associate a specific analog port with a DID manually.
  • See if it will support Analog DID. To be honest, I have never heard of this configuration being done this way and am unsure if IOS will even support acting as the network side in this scenario.

j.schulenberg wrote:

The problem here seems to be that you expect the FXS port to forward the DID to the FaxPress server. Analog lines do not forward DNIS (the DID) normally, only the ANI (the Caller ID). You should be using an ISDN PRI toward the FaxPress server to do this. Alternatively, you can try to configure the Fax Press server to either:

• Associate a specific analog port with a DID manually.
  • See if it will support Analog DID. To be honest, I have never heard of this configuration being done this way and am unsure if IOS will even support acting as the network side in this scenario.

The router has no problem in outpulsing DID on FXS ports. The OP configuration does that already - actually does that twice. As pointed out, there is too see if the Fax application can make any use of it.

In my opinion however, the best way to interface fax software, is T.37 or T.38, both supported by the router. That will eliminate all the hardware and associated trouble.

We have it working, it turned out to be the bad fxs port on the card.  We have another card on the way.  We were using 1 port for testing per the customers request.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: