cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Few users are not showing up in Corporate directory

ajay.balyapelli
Level 1
Level 1

We have few users at a repote site who are not showing up in Corporate directory. they have UDP profile and they are logged in . i ahve compared the configration with other user of the same site who is showing up in corporate directory and config seems fine

the User is LDAP integrated in CUCM  and not a local user

the corporate directory is activated as default  parameter for entire cluster

Please help if we have any further things to be checked ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

1. Have you taken a packet capture from the phone and looked at the HTTP messages exchanged between the CUCM and phone? These will show the entries being sent by the CUCM to the phone. You can check if all the user details are being sent.

2. Have you taken a look at the CCMCIP logs? These will contain requests for corporate directory from the phone

View solution in original post

There was a similar issue a couple weeks ago here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12343101/how-refresh-corporate-directory-cucm-91

Did you check if the users are not listed if you are registered at the subscriber?

this was the solution in that mentioned post:

"worked with cisco we found that the issue only occurs when the phones are registered to the subscriber server...when the phone is registered to the publisher, the directory shows the current information. this indicates and issue with the database replication between the 2 servers.

the databases have been reset and are replication is resyncing...this will take a couple of hours..."

Eike

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So, the users show up under end users in CUCM admin pages but not on phone corp directory?

Right Chris !!! the user is showing up in CUCM  end  users but not in corporate directory.

Is this happening for all the phones?

Have you tried to reboot one of the phones?

Not sure at this moment if that information is sent by the FTP server as well if yes, you can try restarting it the FTP service.

Best Regards.

Rolando Valenzuela.

Hi Rolando the Users have user device profiles

and i have asked them to log out and login again.but still the same

There was a similar issue a couple weeks ago here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12343101/how-refresh-corporate-directory-cucm-91

Did you check if the users are not listed if you are registered at the subscriber?

this was the solution in that mentioned post:

"worked with cisco we found that the issue only occurs when the phones are registered to the subscriber server...when the phone is registered to the publisher, the directory shows the current information. this indicates and issue with the database replication between the 2 servers.

the databases have been reset and are replication is resyncing...this will take a couple of hours..."

Eike

Eike,

i couldn't get  the publisher in CCM group so that i can get the phone registered on publisher.

But i did go into the subscriber and i found the user present in End user of the subscriber

I got the phone registered to another subscriber and asked user to login to the phone again but issue still persists

I asked user to login to another phone where other user is not facing the issues still the same

the UDP is 7961

and the phone that they are loging in is also 7961.

Do you still think it is DB replication issue ??

i will try recreating the profile and come back

Hey

Is it correct that just a few users facing that problem? In that case I would also focus on the user profile and not on a DB issue.

But there is difference between users on the enduserpage and the directory. So even if you see users in the end user page it does not mean that they are also available in the directory.

If you create new CM group and put the pub on top. Than create or copy a devicepool and use the newly created CM group. Assign your test phone to that device pool and reset the phone it should register to the publisher. thats the way you can check if it is related to the node where you register.

Eike

Eike,

I hae recreated the UDP and and reconfigured the phone on which user is trying to login but still user is not reflecting corporate directory.

As far as adding publisher into the CM group is concerned i do not see publisher IP in the list CMs while creating the CM group hence the challenge, i am working on it and will give a try to it.

One more thing is User also has third party Dect phone registered as SIP device with same DN . is it the case that somehow this SIP device could be causing this issue

The reason you are not seeing the publisher IP in the CM group list is because the CCM service is not activated on it. Only the servers that have the CCM service activated and started will be listed in the Available server list.

I don't think the 3rd party phone has something to do with this.

1. Have you taken a packet capture from the phone and looked at the HTTP messages exchanged between the CUCM and phone? These will show the entries being sent by the CUCM to the phone. You can check if all the user details are being sent.

2. Have you taken a look at the CCMCIP logs? These will contain requests for corporate directory from the phone

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

How old are the user accounts?  If they are new and a synchronization hasn't happened yet they won't be in there.  You can perform a manual sync in CUCM.  Or are you saying they are already in CUCM and now showing up?

Brandon, it doesn't look like and issue with synchronisation as  i can see the user in CUCM ed users and user is in the system since coupe of months and system is scheduled to sync with CUCM in every 7 days.

Jagsuvce G
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ajay,

Pls go to User management - End user and find any user who is not been seen through corporate directory. Then see the Telephone number field, if this field is blank then users can't been seen/shown in corporate directory.

To update this field, just go the Active Directory, find the user and open the properties and go to the Telephones Tab and make sure IP Phone field is updated with the respective user extension. 

Once updated in Active Directory, Sync CCM with AD/ run LDAP Sync and you must be able to see the user in Corporate Directory.

Regards

Jagadish 

We have the same issue.  You can lookup a name and if they person does not have that field in Active Directory with the extension then all you see is the name in Corporate Directory.  There is no number for the phone to call.  Why can't the Corporate Directory lookup the name in UC?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: