Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Field Notice: FN - 63255 - MCS-7825-I2

Hi,

The first days of October I turned off my MCS-7825-I2 server after this, when I tried to turn on the server, did not work.

We were informed about an issue that it would take place after October 1st with this server model According with the "Field Notice: FN - 63255 - MCS-7825-I2 & IBM x306m" is recommended to download the last version of FWUCD for IBM Servers

I download the iso file FWUCD-2.3.1-I from Cisco, I recorded on CD and then I reboot the server with this CD expecting to

update the BIOS. When the server was in the initialization process an error message was shown (a file was not found)

After this, the server does not respond there is a LED of the server that turn ambar (an exclamation mark is shown) after turning on the server and remains ambar.

Does any of you have found this issue?

1 Reply 1

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Without the CD, Are you able to make it to the BIOS?

Which Amber light?

Is the server booting or show something in the screen?

We we using Windows or VoS

Can you try:

Solution for Recovering a Non-Booting Server That HAS NOT BEEN Upgraded to a Fixed Version

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/632/fn63255.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: