cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

file not found p00303010102

rodmynatt
Level 1
Level 1

I have many (1720) model 7960 Cisco phone registered OK on my CUCM running V7.1.2.

I have trouble installing a 7960 on the system. It goes throught configuration cycles and reports error "file not found P00303010102.

The CUCM in Device Defaults, Load Information set to P00308010100 for Model 7960 SCCP phones.

Why is this phone seeking a different, older load?

How can I correct it?

All the phone Network settings (ip/mask/default router/TFTP server/etc) look good too.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gmendivi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Rodney,

The firmware running on this phone which is reporting "file not found P00303010102" is P003H310.

That firmware is very old (most likely this phone was registered on a CM 4.X and this firmware is not supported anymore). You can't directly upgrade to P00308010100 (which is firmware version 8.1(1)).The process is quite challenging:

You will need to register the phone in CM 4 (or check whether P003H310 is supported on CM 5 or 6). Then upgrade to the highest firmware possible (check always the release notes of your target firmware to see if you can directly upgrade to that version, also the Call Manager release notes to make sure the firmwares are supported) until you manage to upgrade to 8.1(1)). You could also do it using a TFTP server on your laptop, but again you will need to have the firmware of each of the versions in the way (you can't just move directly from P003H310 to  8.1(1)). I have never tried it to be honest

If it is only one phone affected, it may not be worth the effort and can't guarantee that it will work fine. Maybe somebody else in the forum has experience with a similar situation and can share his experience.

I hope it helps,

German

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

gmendivi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Rodney,

The firmware running on this phone which is reporting "file not found P00303010102" is P003H310.

That firmware is very old (most likely this phone was registered on a CM 4.X and this firmware is not supported anymore). You can't directly upgrade to P00308010100 (which is firmware version 8.1(1)).The process is quite challenging:

You will need to register the phone in CM 4 (or check whether P003H310 is supported on CM 5 or 6). Then upgrade to the highest firmware possible (check always the release notes of your target firmware to see if you can directly upgrade to that version, also the Call Manager release notes to make sure the firmwares are supported) until you manage to upgrade to 8.1(1)). You could also do it using a TFTP server on your laptop, but again you will need to have the firmware of each of the versions in the way (you can't just move directly from P003H310 to  8.1(1)). I have never tried it to be honest

If it is only one phone affected, it may not be worth the effort and can't guarantee that it will work fine. Maybe somebody else in the forum has experience with a similar situation and can share his experience.

I hope it helps,

German

Gmendivi,

Thanks for your prompt and sufficient ressponse.

In summary it sounds like firmware upgrades must be done in a strict sequencial order from old through newer successive loads up

to the desired load level or release.

Is this not the same with all the Cisco devices (Call Manager Serveres, Switches & Routers).

Hooha              Rod

Hello Rodney,

You are right, phone firmware updates must be done in sequencial order from old to new.

In Call Manager you can do bigger jumps, but always following this compatibility matrix:

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/a2d42

In routers and switches you can install any IOS version you want as long as it is compatible with the hardware model (check the Release Notes of the IOS and the platform) and make sure you have the minimum requirements (i.e. DRAM memory...)

Overall, every segment in Cisco (Call Manager, Routers, Switches, IP Phones...) has its own architecture and upgrade rules. You need to make sure you read the Release Notes of both the platform and the software version you are planning to install before you start the upgrade process.

I hope it helps,

German

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: