cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finding unused phones

keitbr
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know of a way to determine which phones have not been used / registered in say 6 months.  Between our clusters we have about 6000 phones defined and configured, but several hundred of them are showing up as unregistered with no IP address.  Given the remoteness of some of our locations we can't assume that unregistered phones are unused, but if they have not been used in 6 months it would be safe to assume they can be deleted.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you.            

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use RTMT --> CallManager --> Device Search --> Phone --> Unregistered on any CallManager and there is a TimeStamp showing last time a phone was registered.

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use RTMT --> CallManager --> Device Search --> Phone --> Unregistered on any CallManager and there is a TimeStamp showing last time a phone was registered.

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brian,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Chris (+5 Chris )

Make sure to get a copy of the Route Plan report before you delete the phones

so that if someone contacts you a month after your done you can easily

reinstall their phone. I've had peeps go on leave for a year and put their phone

away in a locked cabinet and when they come back and plug it in it doesn't

work because I've deleted the config. I was able to get them working in a few

minutes without leaving my desk

From CUCM admin try Call Routing > Route Plan Report and once it loads

up look at the top right hand corner of the page for "View in File" this will allow

you to save a copy in .csv format.

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung" - Bob Dylan

any way to get unregistered phones in CSV format?

running 10.5 CUCM.

Thanks,

Paul.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: