cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware and background Img Change without TFTP server

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

Is it possible to update firmware and change the background image on a phone without having a dedicated TFTP server?

We have the TFTP service running on a few of our subs and I was able to get the firmeware loaded to the CUCM so that i see it in Device Settings > Device Defaults . I have restarted the TFTP service on the SUBs , specified the pyhone load version on my test phone (8945) and reset it but it does not pull the firmware.

The same general question is applicable when trying to modify the XML file for changing the background.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Stephen Welsh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Andrew,

Have you checked the phone is pointing to the relevant TFTP Server(s) you have updated (i.e. Option 150), it's not very common to enable TFTP on Subs, usuall the Pub or 1 or more dedicated TFTP Server nodes.

Assuming you are running UCM 8.0 or greater, there is a chance the reason you cannot upgrade firmware is due to an ITL Issue on some phones. When there is more than one TFTP Service in a cluster there is a chance of getting issues with ITL files due to certificate syncronisation delays between TFTP Servers.

If you browse to one of the phones that are not updating and check the 'Status Messages' to see if there are any issues updating the ITL File. If there are update issues then try deleting the ITL File on the phone to see if the allows the firmware upgrade to start.

As there is a possability you have ITL Issues, and you mension the need to update phone background images you should have a look at our product - PhoneView from UnifiedFX

PhoneView can detect and solve ITL issues very easily, update phone backrounds in bulk (without having to update file on the TFTP Server for most phone models) as well a whole host of other features.

Thanks

Stephen Welsh

http://www.unifiedfx.com