Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware problems in Cisco 6921 phones

reg_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning everybody,

I offer firmware for Cisco 6921 SCCP phones in the CUCM 8.5 SCCP69xx.9-3-3-2-SR1 configured in device defaults. CUCM System version: 8.5.1.11900-21.

Only seven Cisco 6921 phones, only in one site of my company stopped working suddenly. There were registered but without dial tone and you couldn't dial. I have more than two hundred Cisco 6921 SCCP phones configured.

I performed a workaround to resolve this issue configuring SCCP69xx.9-0-3-0 in phone load name, restarting Cisco TFTP service and then restarting the phones but I can see in one phone that:

App Load ID 9.0.2.0
Boot Load ID 0.0.0.14
Hardware Revision 5

I don't understand why app load id after configuring SCCP69xx.9-0-3-0 is different from the phone firmware configured.

I'd like to know the main causes of this firmware problems and practical knowledge working with firmwares in Cisco phones.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

mohamed helmy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How many TFTP servers in the cluster?

also please check if these seven IP Phones get their DHCP with option 150 pointing to which TFTP

Regards.

Mohamed Helmy

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

I have two TFTP servers, enabled on publisher and suscriber.

DHCP protocol is offered to phones by a Windows server with 150 option enabled to use publisher and suscriber like TFTP servers.

All phones are registered in suscriber and all firmwares are in both servers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: