cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware SCCP42.9-2-1S

since1976
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if you guys encountered this, I applied the firmware SCCP42.9-2-1S. The phone upgraded. The strange is when you do a show cdp neighbor on the switchport you can see that it is being upgraded, as below,

Platform: Cisco IP Phone 7942,  Capabilities: Host Phone Two-port Mac Relay
Interface: GigabitEthernet3/24,  Port ID (outgoing port): Port 1
Holdtime : 174 sec
Second Port Status: Down

Version :
SCCP42.9-2-1S

The thing is, the port is down. If you look carefully at the show cdp neighbor status, nothing is specify at the ip address. It means the phone is not grabbing any ip address from the DHCP server.

Entry address(es):

The alternate workaround I applied is to reserve ip address using mac address of the ip phone in DHCP. And only then, can the ip phone grab the ip address. At this point, I do not know what is wrong.

I have checked the following,

The switchport has data vlan and voice vlan properly configured

DHCP also have a scope for voice vlan with option 150 pointing to callManager cluster.

I have other phone like the CP-7940s which do not have any issues. It is only the CP-7942 and CP-7962s which is affected by this firmware is having this issue. And when I plug in a CP-7940 into this switchport...it is working properly. So switchport is not having problem too.

Can anyone help?

~ Kay Leong

1 Reply 1

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is probably a bug with 9.2.1 firmware.

Try to downgrade the phone firmware.

Cisco Business Unit is actually working on similar issues ie the phone is unable to get a DHCP IP address after an upgrade to 9.2.1