cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware Upgrade 7960

joshcohen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco IP Phone 7960 and I am trying to get it set up to use SIP. I have a the SIP firmware 8.12 but I am having trouble getting it to load to the phone.

Current firmware:

App Load ID: P00308001000

Boot Load ID: PC03A300

Version: 8.0(10.0)

DSP: 4.0(5.0)[A0]

Hardware Revision: 2.0

Model Number: CP-7960

12 Replies 12

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

are you on SCCP version 8.01 ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I believe that it is, is there any way to tell?

You are. You need to be familiar wit the procedure and detail where's failing.

I'm trying to use this phone with a 3rd party SIP provider so I don't have CUCM. I've set-up a TFTP server and the the logs say that the files have successfully transferred but nothing has happened. If someone can post a step-by-step guide that would be great.

Post the logs.

http://screenshots.joshcohen.ca/2011-06-23_1332.png

Can someone tell me where to get the software, Cisco is no longer supporting 7960, i need the full firmware update to convert phone to SIP

SIP firmware for the 7960 is still available assuming you have the original contract authorizing you to download the firmware. 

well phone is no longer in contract, however i was able to write the files, at this point i am stuck on phone being Unprovisioned

WHATS NEXT?

You need to bring up the issue with the vendor of your call controll solution..

The problem is that i have no Vendor, i am trying to do this on my own.. at this point i am getting dial tone but it is not dialing out

This forum only discusses Cisco products for call controll. If you are using something else, try  voip-info.org.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: