cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware upgrade for 7940

daveskimin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 7940 phone running firmware P00305000101. I am unable to find a way to get it to connect to my tftp server, unlike the other phones with newer firmware.

I tried searching for support documents on this and it seems everything mentioning this FW has been removed from the site (not to suprising since its aparently over 12 years old). Does anyone know how to reset a phone's config that is running this firmware, and how to update the firmware installed?

2 Replies 2

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The process of reseting the phone config is the same regardless of the firmware...

Can the phone see your dhcp server? You can do a factory reset on the phone but you need to ensure that the phone has access to a DHCP server with the correct tftp ip on it otherwise it will be stucked. You can also do a manual config on the phone giving it a static ip and tftp ip

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

When I reboot the phone and hold down the pound (#) button, I never  get a prompt to reset the network config like the other phones do. It  also doesn't respond to the "* + 6 + Settings" reboot command.

The other phones work fine with DHCP and have no  trouble getting an IP, connecting to the tftp server and downloading  firmware. Only this phone is having an issue.